Government Stops Glenn Greenwald from Publishing His Big Snowden Revelation … But Others Will Release ALL of the Snowden Documents to Prevent a War

Government Stops Glenn Greenwald from Publishing His Big Snowden Revelation … But Others Will Release ALL of the Snowden Documents to Prevent a War

It’s been a dramatic day for whistleblowing news.

A month ago, Glenn Greenwald announced that he was going to publish his biggest story yet:  the names of those the NSA has been spying on.

Earlier today, Greenwald tweeted that he would finally publish the story tonight at midnight.

8 hours later, he tweeted:

After 3 months working on our story, USG [the United States government] today suddenly began making new last-minute claims which we intend to investigate before publishing

Many responded that it’s  a trap, and that the government is dishonestly and illegally censoring Greewald.

At the same time, Cryptome announced that all of the Snowden documents will be released in July … supposedly in order to avert a war.

As the Daily Register notes:

All the remaining Snowden documents will be released next month, according t‪o‬ whistle-blowing site ‪Cryptome, which said in a tweet that the release of the info by unnamed third parties would be necessary to head off an unnamed “war”.‬

‪Cryptome‬ said it would “aid and abet” the release of “57K to 1.7M” new documents that had been “withheld for national security-public debate [sic]“.

The site clarified that will not be publishing the documents itself.

“July is when war begins unless headed off by Snowden full release of crippling intel. After war begins not a chance of release,” Cryptome tweeted on its official feed. “Warmongerers are on a rampage. So, yes, citizens holding Snowden docs will do the right thing,” it said.

“For more on Snowden docs release in July watch for Ellsberg, special guest and others at HOPE, July 18-20: http://www.hope.net/schedule.html,” it added.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/07/government-stops-glenn-green...

Views: 1238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder what this is really all about?

it's about revealing a huge false flag these political bastiches plan on releasing in order to skate the upcoming dollar collapse, certainly should be revealing. 

Perhaps Cryptome or Ellsberg should be releasing the information sooner rather than later - they're indicating two weeks from now.

So much can change in a couple weeks.

RSS

Latest Activity

cheeki kea favorited Deep Space's video
26 minutes ago
cheeki kea favorited Diana's photo
48 minutes ago
cheeki kea commented on Thomas Less's blog post Daily Verse
1 hour ago
cheeki kea favorited Thomas Less's blog post Daily Verse
1 hour ago
cheeki kea commented on Deep Space's status
"Request actioned."
1 hour ago
cheeki kea posted blog posts
1 hour ago
Thomas Less posted blog posts
1 hour ago
cheeki kea commented on Less Prone's video
Thumbnail

Share Women Against Feminism!

"Hallelujah there's Hope, Two thumbs up and all eight fingers to these sensible women."
2 hours ago
cheeki kea favorited Less Prone's video
2 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters commented on Deep Space's status
"0.3% applies to social media. 99.7% are only watching (including shills) and hopefully learning a bit."
3 hours ago
Deep Space commented on Deep Space's status
"But on the other hand, the drudgereport.com equally looks like dated HTML & it's one of the most popular sites in the world. So what the fuck do I know?"
3 hours ago
Deep Space commented on Deep Space's status
"I think it's because the NING format is dated HTML & looks like crap."
3 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters commented on Deep Space's status
"Statistics, buddy. Only 0.3% are active. Bummer..."
3 hours ago
Deep Space posted a status
"I wish more people would post here. But it is what it is (shrug)"
3 hours ago
Deep Space commented on Deep Space's blog post Off The Deep End - 'Deep Space' Free-Flow Thoughts (An Ongoing Eruption)
"It's kinda funny that US tax payer dollars pay AIPAC to pay US politicians to fund fake Ashkenazi jews to slaughter & genocide Palestinians in occupied Palestine. I'm not a zionist.I don't see the pay-off. Someone please enlighten…"
4 hours ago
Old Denmark's video was featured
5 hours ago

Please remember this website is supported by your donations...

© 2019   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2015 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted