Maryland Woman Has Kept Track of Every Tax on Her In 2012 — and You’re Not Going to Believe How Much She’s Paid So Far

Does Maryland resident Alice Scanlon pay more taxes than you?  Maybe not.  But Scanlon certainly keeps track of her taxes better than you.  Much better.  Down to the penny better.

“I was listening to our president about a year ago and I kept hearing him say ‘pay your fair share,” Scanlon told TheBlaze recently. “It got me thinking, what is our fair share?”  So she turned to her records, and an excel spreadsheet.

“I just started looking through all of our receipts and tax filings from the past year and made columns for each,” she explained.  The middle class Dundalk, MD, resident notes that she had to expand her list a number of times due to the hidden taxes she kept discovering.  The average entry features a relatively small amount, sometimes only pennies, but it is all there.  Gas taxes, state and federal taxes, special Maryland alcohol tax, cell phone taxes and “Bay Restoration Fees,” road tolls, mandatory union dues, and on and on.  A typical entry from the list will look like this:

Maryland Woman Documents All Taxes Paid in 2012 Hits $26,000 So Far

Scanlon’s list grew and grew — and it’s growing and growing.  It is now 18 columns wide.

“There is a much bigger picture than most taxpayers know,” she insisted.  ”Once you add them up it is sickening how much you are really paying and the levels of bureaucracy is borderline dysfunctional.”  When asked which tax she found the most egregious there was no hesitation: “Oh, the phone bill, hands down.”  Her spreadhsheet includes a footnote highlighting the litany of taxes and fees associated with it:

“Telephone fees include: MD 911 fee, Federal Excise Tax, MD local tax, Federal Universal Service fee, MD Gross Receipts Tax surcharge, Telecommunications Access of MD fee, Federal Subscriber line charge, Md State sales tax, PEG Grant fee, Regulatory Recovery Fee – Federal, Video Franchise Fee"

So how much has this working class family paid to the government to date? A whopping $26,000. Well, actually the total looks more like this:

$26,106.93

“This is 27 percent of mine and my husbands combined income,” Scanlon said with minor irritation, “and the total taxes paid in 2012 will easily tip over $30,000 by the end of the fiscal year.”

More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/maryland-woman-has-kept-track-of-ev...

Views: 3704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said, joe.

Are you awake yet???

RE: "Scanlon certainly keeps track of her taxes better than you.  Much better.  Down to the penny better."

And better than me too - I have no real idea how much I pay in one year - above and beyond that which is taken (stolen) from me via 'their' DIRECT [INCOME] TAX.

"Among the many taxes Canadian families pay, incomes [DIRECT] taxes increased the most — by $550 — while sales taxes jumped by $335 - In 2011, the average Canadian family with two or more individuals will earn $93,831, and pay $39,960 in taxes. That means the average tax bill takes up 42.6 per cent of the family's annual income - The calendar year is 42.6 per cent completed on June 6, hence the day being declared Tax Freedom Day."

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/06/06/tax-freedom-day-fr...

Corporate tax cuts needed: Harper

Prime Minister Stephen Harper is dismissing demands from opposition parties to cancel planned corporate tax cuts… January 7, 2011

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/01/07/politics-liberals-to...

TAX Freedom Day?

While I did not need Alice Scanlon, of Maryland, to point out that there is no such thing; she sure drives home the point - we have been programmed with so much Bull $hit (it baffles brains ), that we quite happily go along with life, thinking there is a TAX Freedom Day - Well; not till you're dead - and someone just continues to pay the TAXES for your final resting place.

Where the money [GOVERNMENT] comes from?

During 2009–10, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT recorded $218.6 billion in revenues.

These revenues came from:

PERSONAL [DIRECT] INCOME TAX – $103.9 billion, or almost 48 cents of every tax dollar.

CORPORATE [EXCISE or COMMERCIAL TAX] INCOME TAX – about $30.4 billion, close to 14 cents of every tax dollar.

Source: http://www.fin.gc.ca/tax-impot/2010/html-eng.asp

Investopedia explains 'Revenue'

Revenue is the amount of money that is brought into a company by its business activities. In the case of government [CORPORATION/COMPANY], revenue is the money received [not received, but taken] from taxation...

Hollywood and Troy, Will and Nathan and James, Susie and Hugh Mann  (great poet) has said it all, I can't think of a better set of brilliant 12160ers.

The lady would be able to see the elephant in the room if she painted it right.

And not use the wallpaper.

What more is there to be said. Thanks to the 12160 team.

What we pay to the IRS is essentially tribute to England, so I have read. Look at it this way - every dollar we use to pay for everything we buy is a tax. We have them only on loan and, according to the rules, we have to pay them back at interest. That is what the US debt consists of. Even if we gave all the dollars in circulation back to the FED, there is no way they would begin to pay this debt. It is time we instituted our own means of trade that is not tied to the value of the dollar. I suppose to do that, we would have to secede from the United States.

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

tjdavis posted a video

Prince - Cinnamon Girl (Official Music Video)

"Cinnamon Girl" from 'Musicology' (2004)☔️ Listen to more Prince here https://lnk.to/PrinceStream📺 Watch all the official Prince videos here http://bit.ly/P...
7 hours ago
MAC posted photos
7 hours ago
FREEDOMROX posted a blog post
9 hours ago
MAC posted a discussion
11 hours ago
Doc Vega posted blog posts
14 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

".Supposedly, Russians have evidence that links Burisma and the recent terror attacks. Burisma for…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

True Story

"Well I bet Iran remembers that true story. ~ and there in lies the problem...because they would…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

" That one is a shocker! even for them. What could have driven and compelled them to dredge up…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

It Wasn't Fauci: How the Deep State Really Played Trump (mini-doc)

"Excellent video. I hope this one makes it to the features page it sure deserves it. Answers a lot a…"
yesterday
cheeki kea favorited tjdavis's video
yesterday
tjdavis posted videos
Wednesday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Tuesday
tjdavis posted a photo
Tuesday
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
Tuesday
MAC posted a video
Tuesday
rlionhearted_3 commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

who would win a debate?

"It gets waaayy worse. TPTB want to normalize this gross fat bullshit."
Monday
Doc Vega posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Monday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted