Migrant caravan members sue Trump for violating their ‘constitutional rights’

Migrant caravan members sue Trump for violating their ‘constitutional rights’

Published time: 3 Nov, 2018 02:38
Edited time: 3 Nov, 2018 12:42

Twelve Honduran migrants are getting a head start on becoming US citizens by embracing that most American of pastimes: the lawsuit. They are suing the Trump administration for violating their Fifth Amendment due process rights.

The plaintiffs, including six children, are alleging that President Trump’s plans to block the 4,000-odd Central American migrants currently streaming northward toward the US-Mexico border are “shockingly unconstitutional.” They are also suing the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security.

The lawsuit points out that it is common knowledge that Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are “undergoing a well-documented human rights crisis” and that asylum-seekers are allowed to declare their intentions anywhere, not just at lawful border-crossing points. They claim Trump has no right to keep migrants from entering the US when they have a credible claim of asylum.

https://www.rt.com/usa/443012-migrants-sue-trump-border/

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Fifth Amendment creates a number of rights relevant to both criminal and civil legal proceedings. In criminal cases, the Fifth Amendment guarantees the right to a grand jury, forbids “double jeopardy,” and protects against self-incrimination. It also requires that “due process of law” be part of any proceeding that denies a citizen “life, liberty or property” and requires the government to compensate citizens when it takes private property for public use.

"Due process of law" is for citizens.  

To be eligible for asylum in the United States, there are a few basic requirements. 

First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she has a well-founded fear of persecution in his/her home country. 

Secondly, the applicant must prove that the persecution is due to one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, and/or membership in a social group.

Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors.

When interviewed most of the caravan people say 1) it is not political and 2) I want a job.

Wrong Constitution asswipes. You leeches need to refer to your own Honduran constitution.

No standing. Wrong jurisdiction.

These assholes are not American nationals and they are not U.S. Citizens. What constitution are they referring to? This attempt should be laughed out of any court in the land even the corporate controlled Admiralty courts. They have no rights whatsoever under the corporate Constitution of the United States of America or the Constitution for the states united of America unincorporated. 

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

Doc Vega posted a blog post

Not the Captain of my Fate

Not the Captain of my Fate Thought I was in love for just a minuteAll the passion and a desire to…See More
4 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
6 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

".Supposedly, Russians have evidence that links Burisma and the recent terror attacks. Burisma for…"
6 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

True Story

"Well I bet Iran remembers that true story. ~ and there in lies the problem...because they would…"
11 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

" That one is a shocker! even for them. What could have driven and compelled them to dredge up…"
12 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

It Wasn't Fauci: How the Deep State Really Played Trump (mini-doc)

"Excellent video. I hope this one makes it to the features page it sure deserves it. Answers a lot a…"
13 hours ago
cheeki kea favorited tjdavis's video
13 hours ago
tjdavis posted videos
23 hours ago
Doc Vega posted blog posts
yesterday
tjdavis posted a photo
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
yesterday
MAC posted a video
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

who would win a debate?

"It gets waaayy worse. TPTB want to normalize this gross fat bullshit."
Monday
Doc Vega posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Monday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

"why of cause Any Mental Health issue would be enough to cause concern and it's known that in…"
Monday
tjdavis posted a video

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

Can you imagine your doctor actively trying to disarm you? Well that may not be too far fetched when you consider what is happening inside the medical commu...
Monday
tjdavis favorited Doc Vega's blog post The Modern Day Twilight Zone!
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The Modern Day Twilight Zone!

Here at the Twilight Zone I can make no apologies for the insanity you are about to see!It must be…See More
Sunday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted