12160 will be closing soon - Unless!

Hello guys and gals, for reason to numerous to name  atm, I must end my connection with this site.

If you folks want the site to continue we will need some one to take over, this includes paying the bills with a paypal account . Current cost around 500 a year, with expected cost to nearly double the following year.

To make sure you whom ever takes over is serious about this I would require to see the first year paid for in advance.

Seems a tad of a commitment eh? Well it is, and now it falls on one of you 5000 plus members to either take this on solely or as a group.

I will make last payment in May,  after that only fate will tell.

edit

I guess despite what I see as horrible over priced  hosting service, the question I submit is it worth it to everyone here to keep going on and how will this be done?

Views: 1879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Let the body cool why don't ya :)"

THAT was directed at me. And you're absolutely correct, I DON'T have to be here. I've spoken to others about the issues between you and I and so have you, so don't act like I'm just the crazy guy imagining shit. Told you, spare me the gaslighting bullshit. It's petty, and childish.

If you want to man up and discuss it call me. You know how to get a hold of me. The sad part is, I really am your friend and always was. Now you've got a bunch of noobs to blow smoke up your ass with their superficial charm cuz you hold the keys to this place. I on the other hand, am going to be straight up with you as I always have. Just like a real friend would instead of falling at your feet with a brown nose and puckered lips.

You wanna bury the hatchet? Cool. If not, then fine, that is your choice and good luck to you.

I can not prove a negative, the comment was general - not personal.

end of the discussion from me.

If we can chip in say 5$ a person can we save this site?

Hey, just wanted to throw this out there.

If you want to move off of ning and onto something else, whether its custom or another social platform, I can write a bot to crawl 12160 and copy all of the old info, transform the data to match the new database schema, and voila, old data is kept. Techies call it ETL (Exchange, Transfer, Load). I'll do it free and post the source code if you really need it.

Awesome, will be in touch.

My suggestion is to make 12160 bigger, better, and more bad ass.

Maybe 1 person can pull a few strings and get some free hosting. Another person can get the design beefed up with ajax and css hax. Another person can code a sick social media backend platform. Another can copy old data. Etc.

I know 12160 has some talented users that surely would be willing to contribute their skills.

I'd be willing to supply a full redesign of 12160 for free if someone can reskin the website.  It might tidy this place up a bit.

(I'm a web designer, I'm just not a great developer)

Will be in touch, be patient -again sorry :) and thanks!

A lot of worthwhile credible alternatives are being proposed you seem to have a lot of support James seem to be a lot of viable options at your disposal, or just keep it going yourself you created this this is your baby

I'd like to join the others, in extending my appreciation of James, for having created a great website - it has been my favorite ever since I came across it.

You've obviously put countless hours of personal time into the formation of this site and, the maintenance of it - I commend you on your talent and hard work - it would not be an easy job to take the reins on this one, and I would not want to try either.

Like others here; I'm hoping that you may reconsider staying at the helm, if we can solve the issues surrounding the cost, to upkeep the site.

Best wishes either way.

Folks, I hoped that the group as a hole would make this choice thats needed. I can not say I will even be here so...I may go gold mining in Alaska for the summer :)

For now, I guess I will coordinate gathering info from those who offered and than again post it here for you all to decide on.

Donations can be always be made with link on top of every page main menu area.

James, sounds like you are ripe for a Death/Rebirthing.

(i.e. cleansing).

Surrender. Forgive & Go With The Flow, bro.

To quote the distilled Essence

of what all mystics who littered Time

have always echoed:

"All is well"

(all is well)

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

Doc Vega's 4 blog posts were featured
2 hours ago
cheeki kea's 2 blog posts were featured
2 hours ago
tjdavis's blog post was featured
2 hours ago
Larry Harmen's blog post was featured

WW3 is days away!!! Project Blue beam is about to happen = NASA project = 3 rockets April 8th into the Eclipse.

U.S. Prepares for a Massive attack on Iran and many Nations today in the News.…See More
2 hours ago
Boris's blog post was featured

! FBI's McCabe intentionally held off investigation of newly discovered Clinton emails found on Wiener's computer until after the election

Modal Trigger Justice Department investigating McCabe’s handling of Clinton email probe Chris Wray…See More
2 hours ago
J. Patriot's blog post was featured

Letter from a small Company that was declined disaster relief due to the COVID-19 from the Small Business Administration

To Whom it may concern,I have been running a business in the red with Insurance cost, driving…See More
2 hours ago
Burbia's blog post was featured

Major Players Behind the SS LIBERTY

What now? These things are not even being hidden anymore.MOSSAD Eyes and Ears, Mathilde Krim, LBJ…See More
2 hours ago
alux junes posted a status
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
9 hours ago
"mewe.com is easier than this"
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
"how many people still come here?"
9 hours ago
tjdavis posted a video

Prince - Cinnamon Girl (Official Music Video)

"Cinnamon Girl" from 'Musicology' (2004)☔️ Listen to more Prince here https://lnk.to/PrinceStream📺 Watch all the official Prince videos here http://bit.ly/P...
17 hours ago
MAC posted photos
17 hours ago
FREEDOMROX posted a blog post
19 hours ago
MAC posted a discussion
21 hours ago
Doc Vega posted blog posts
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Wednesday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted