The Jewish victim of a verbal racial attack that was posted in a video online says a three-year prison term too short because words hurt

The Jewish victim of a verbal racial attack that was posted in a video online says a three-year prison term given to the man who called him a "racist, homicidal maniac" outside a Perth supermarket is not enough.

Brendan Lee O'Connell, 40, was sentenced in the District Court in Perth yesterday after being found guilty on Friday of six racial hatred charges.

Chuckling and smiling as the counts were read out to him, O'Connell appeared unaffected by the sentence handed down by Judge Henry Wisbey.

O'Connell represented himself before a jury after firing the lawyer who had been defending him against an accusation that he posted an anti-semitic video online.

He faced seven charges related to the posting of a verbal altercation he had with Stanley Keyser and Timothy Peach, who are Jewish, and was found guilty on six.

An argument broke out between the three men at an IGA supermarket in South Perth on May 2, 2009, where a Friends of Palestine group was holding a protest against Israeli oranges.

O'Connell was using a video camera at the event and in a video he later posted online, he labelled Mr Keyser a "racist, homicidal maniac"

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/man-jailed-for-pos...

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is much more to this story and i feel i owe it to Brendan to post it but i'll have to be bloody carefull, the information that led to him being crucified (he's a christian) has been expunged from the internet but ive got a copy somewhere, ills ay here it s about submarines Israel and sabotage, i imagine you guys have the same issues, israeli parts in crucial defence systems, if i say more than that i'll be beaten near to death in a WA cell on 9/11 as well

"Hello? Hi...This is Sol....Sol Rosenberg.....I was hurt at work ... They said bad, awful tings to me...and I fell down a flight of stairs...and my shoes fell off..."

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Please remember this website is supported by your donations...

© 2017   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2015 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted