WSJ "Trump administration plans to pull U.S. troops from Syria immediately, defense official says"

"Trump administration plans to pull U.S. troops from Syria immediately, defense official says"
By Missy Ryan
"December 19 at 9:26 AM

The Trump administration has decided to pull all U.S. troops out of Syria, a defense official said on Wednesday.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a decision that has not yet been announced, said the decision was made on Tuesday and would include the entire force of more than 2,000 U.S. service members.

President Trump has long promised to conclude the campaign against the Islamic State and has questioned the value of costly and dangerous military missions overseas. But U.S. troops, working alongside Syrian partner forces, have struggled to eradicate remaining pockets of militants in central Syria. An abrupt American withdrawal would raise questions about whether the militants would be more easily able to regain strength.

The unexpected White House move comes as tensions increase sharply with NATO ally Turkey, which has promised to launch a military offensive against the U.S. partner forces in Syria, which Ankara considers part of a Kurdish terrorist group.

The withdrawal is expected to occur as quickly as possible, the official said.

The Wall Street Journal first reported on Wednesday that U.S. troops would be removed from northeast Syria."

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-admini...

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seeing this will be believing this.

Uh-oh, I fear Assad will attack a School/hospital with Sarin gas any day now. And there will be news crews there, untouched, to document the aftermath?

Looking at the photo makes me question:   Mission accomplished? 

I think the Syrian girl attacked in the bathroom at school has something to do with what will happen.

"But U.S. troops, working alongside Syrian partner forces, have struggled to eradicate remaining pockets of militants in central Syria", really!?

The Wap pooo a propaganda outlet for the globalist cabal. They sure are making no effort and appear to have no concern about hiding that fact.

is a Wap pooo elation or disappointment ?    I cannot find it in Webster's.

Wap Pooo my handle for Washington Post.

Though I realized after the article is by The Wall Street Journal

Silly me.

From my understanding Trump did just that, pulled the troops out.

For sure will see what the deep state cooks up in between to force Trump to reconsider his order.

Some of the forces have been given 100 days to leave so lots could happen.

The Constitution specifies the military has the responsibility to "repel invasions."  Do you think the troops from Syria are going to the south border ??   The 'deep state' wants troops in Syria and an open border.   Hope Trump sleeps with a pistol under his pillow.

RSS

Latest Activity

James T. Kirk posted videos
24 minutes ago
Chris of the family Masters favorited Diana's photo
47 minutes ago
Chris of the family Masters favorited Diana's photo
56 minutes ago
Chris of the family Masters replied to Diana's discussion Dogs Not Welcome: Growing Calls By Muslims To Accommodate Their Hatred Of Dogs
"This clearly shows muslim state ( or lack of ) mind. Not fit to live in any other country. I…"
58 minutes ago
Diana posted photos
1 hour ago
Diana posted videos
1 hour ago
Less Prone favorited James T. Kirk's video
2 hours ago
Less Prone favorited James T. Kirk's video
2 hours ago
pritaams ssss posted a blog post
2 hours ago
Less Prone left a comment for pritaams ssss
"Thanks for the add."
2 hours ago
Less Prone and pritaams ssss are now friends
2 hours ago
Less Prone commented on Diana's photo
Thumbnail

By "parasites" they mean a baby in the womb

"They may well be parasites themselves."
2 hours ago
Less Prone left a comment for Anbert Raijo
"Welcome to a revolutionary concept in public communication, the truth. Only well informed citizens…"
2 hours ago
Less Prone favorited Jeff Einstein's blog post The Rise of Fascism in a Brave New Digital World -- by Jeff Einstein
2 hours ago
Diana left a comment for Hannah Butler
2 hours ago
Diana left a comment for pritaams ssss
2 hours ago

Please remember this website is supported by your donations...

© 2019   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2015 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted