The debate, “Has religion interfered with the advancement of humankind more than it has contributed to it” has been raging on for quite some time.
Religious people, by and large, believe that one must have religion to keep one on a moral path with God. But is this really true? In 2010, sociologist Phil Zuckerman’s research revealed “that the least religious societies also tend to be the most peaceful, prosperous and equitable, with public policies that help people to flourish while decreasing both desperation and economic gluttony.” *
According to a Huffington Post survey, ** “More than half of Britons believe that religion does more harm than good, with less than a quarter believing faith is a force for good. Even 20% of British people who described themselves as being 'very religious' said religion was harmful to society, and a quarter said atheists were more likely to be moral individuals than religious people.”
We can probably blame the main stream media and the internet for this perception that broadcasts everything from Pedophile Catholic priests and protestant Preachers engaged in sexual perversion all the way to Isis beheadings. It’s difficult for the average person to discern exceptions from the rule. Those who wish to control our thoughts to enhance their own agenda are fully aware of this and take full advantage of man’s weakness in reasoning.
To help us understand this question and arrive at a valid answer, we must first understand the purpose of Religion.
Many would say that Religion is necessary to help man lead a righteous and moral life so that he will be properly prepared and rewarded in the next life because of his good deeds and from adhering to the dictates of his religion.
Others say that, “Religion is a poison that plagues mankind.” In other words, religion was created by the powerful elite to control mankind. This was even more prevalent during the Dark Ages but still exists today in a more covert fashion. It is no accident that the world’s problems today are centered on the hatred of the major religious groups; Jews, Muslims and Christians. The average person today is unaware how they have been manipulated to believe that the war against terrorism is necessary and that all Muslims are bad.
Throughout history, religion has done much harm for the advancement of knowledge. During the Medieval Dark Ages, the Catholic Church destroyed vast amounts of knowledge by burning countless libraries, books, and anything else that they deemed damaging to the church’s ideology. This censorship of knowledge was a way of suppressing knowledge in order to give them more power and control over the uneducated masses.
• It appeared that every Christian holiday and story associated with Jesus had been taken from older religions.
• Jesus did not become God until 325 AD when King Constantine forced the Bishops at the Council of Nicaea to accept the “Trinity” doctrine where the prophet Jesus was the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. After all, the Christian prophet Jesus had to be God or the Christians would be worshiping a man, same as those nasty Pagans. Jesus did not become God until 325 AD and even that was decided on a narrow vote of the Bishops.
• Christians made up holidays that fit their god on existing Pagan holidays.
• The spread of Christianity was done by converting Pagans or killing them.
• Christianity has caused much suffering throughout history by imprisoning or killing those that did not believe in Christian ideology. Galileo was ordered to turn himself in to the Holy Office to begin trial for holding the belief that the Earth revolves around the Sun, which was deemed heretical by the Catholic Church.
• Many of the Popes were evil and perverted men in the history of mankind. The crimes they committed are so terrible they can’t even be taught in schools.
• The gospels were written by unknown authors after 70 CE and possibly maybe even decades later. This lapse of time allowed the “Myths” to grow. All four gospels were first mentioned by name in 180 CE, by Irenaeus of Lyons.
• The Apostle Paul never actually met Jesus in person. Rather he had a “vision” of Jesus which has all the earmarks of an epileptic brain seizure. It is now known that epilepsy can cause religious delusions. Whether true or false, there were people at that time who were accusing Paul of lying, because he attempted to defend himself in Romans 3:5-8.
• It appears that the Gospel writers were writing fiction. It is obvious they were attempting to fulfill scriptural prophesy, because they got it wrong in many instances.
• Matthew and Luke disagree on the year and other details of Jesus' birth, including his lineage.
• Matthew and Luke disagreed on Jesus' ancestry, including even his grandfather. (Matthew 1:16, Luke 3:23). The lists in Matthew and Luke differ from 1 Chronicles 3. Note that even listing Jesus' male ancestry disagrees with the doctrine of a virgin birth which was added later in the myth-making process.
• Most people would agree that human beings exaggerate, misinterpret, or wrongly remember events. Add a couple thousand years to a story and the problem only multiplies. A fairy tale told 2,000 years ago doesn’t become the truth with the passage of time.
• Many early Christians admitted that the story of Jesus was a myth. They argued with the pagans around 150 CE that their mythical story about the first born of God, produced without sexual union, and that , Jesus Christ, their teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven was not any different from what the Pagans believed regarding those whom they regarded as the son of Zeus.
• Because religious lies were so prevalent in early Christian church history, there was even a term for this. It was called “Pious Fraud.”
There is much proof that most religious beliefs are merely Myth and Fantasy. This wouldn’t matter if it weren’t for all the death and destruction that has taken place because of these beliefs.
One constantly hears that the Jews are Gods chosen people. This is another Myth which is causing death and destruction throughout the world. If this were true, doesn’t that make God a racist? If I had been at the foot of the mountain, instead of Moses, and God gave me the Ten Commandments and I was responsible for recording this historical event, short fat bald headed men would have been Gods chosen people. Even if you believe the myth about Jews being the chosen ones, it can’t mean that God condones all of the atrocities the Zionist atheist Jews commit against the Palestinians.
Just because you are a Jew does not mean you are a religious Jew who follows the teachings of the Talmud. It simply means that at least your mother was a Jew. The leaders of Israel of today are not true religious Jews with Biblical ancestors. They are Jews in name only, JINO, mostly atheist, that have hijacked the Jewish faith and who masquerade as religious Jews. The majority of Jews today are related to the Asiatic warriors that joined the Jewish faith in the 7th Century in the Caspian Sea area. They are called Khazarian Jews and are not related to the Biblical Jews in any way.
The elite controllers of our planet use the ignorance of the masses against them. It is to their benefit to keep us ignorant because the same mindset that makes us believe in Religious Fairy Tales is the same mindset that allows them to control the mass’s reasoning ability with lies and propaganda through the mainstream media.
We accept our plight in world affairs and truly believe that there will always be wars and rumors of wars. (Mark 13:7) Let’s not allow this Biblical fairy tale or those mentioned in Revelations to be self-fulfilling prophecies.
At about 20 years of age, I began to question my Christian upbringing. One of my first questions was, “Was Jesus a real person or just a fairy tale? At the time I was too busy with college and thinking about marriage to spend much time pursuing an answer. As I got older and with the help of the internet in the 1990’s, I discovered several inconsistencies concerning religious doctrine that pretty well provided me with the answer I had been looking for. The Jesus story is a myth. Instead of referring to it as “The Greatest Story Ever told” it should be “The Greatest Story Ever Sold.”
If I were a Christian, I would be ashamed of the Old Testament claiming it is the word of God; at least my God. How could the Bible be divinely inspired when it says that gays and lesbians should be put to death, women should not speak in public, if your child talks back to you, you are supposed to kill them, and if you find on your wedding night that your bride is not a virgin, you are supposed to kill her and per her body on her father’s doorstep? What about requesting God to stop the sun so the battle of Jericho could continue? Didn’t God know that the earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the sun?
My Christians friends will say, all those examples are in the Old Testament and my Church mainly follows the New Testament. Then I reply that in Matthew 5:18, the New Testament, Jesus says, “I did not come to change the Old Testament prophets’ one iota or one tittle. The person who wins a Bible argument is the one who is better at cherry picking it for the most persuasive answer.
My personal view is that Religion has helped mankind a little but has hurt mankind a great deal more than it has helped. No. I am not an Atheist. I like to think I am a spiritual person rather than a church going religious person. When asked what my religious preference is, I reply that I am a Deist. In other words, I believe in a Creator but that the Creator does not interfere in the lives of man.
I cannot explain where I came from, what my true purpose in life is or what happens to me when I die. No matter how many hours one has spent on the mountain top meditating or how many seminary degrees one has, they can’t answer these questions either. Anyone who claims they can, is a fraud.
*Society Without God
** More than half of Britons believe that religion does more harm than good.