'It is a personal insult': Bill Clinton denies allegation Clinton Foundation funds for Haiti were used for Chelsea's wedding
- Former President Bill Clinton took to Twitter Saturday to deny allegations that Clinton Foundation funds were used to pay for Chelsea Clinton's wedding
- The allegation first surfaced a day before the 2016 presidential election
- WikiLeaks published emails from Hillary's campaign in which John Podesta discussed the wedding and 'resources' from the Foundation being used
- After Trump's 'sh**hole' countries remarks, which included Haiti, Bill, Hillary and Chelsea tweeted their disdain
- Fox News segment with a conservative watchdog group brought the allegations back to the surface in a conversation about the Clinton family tweets this week
Former President Bill Clinton denied renewed allegations that charity money earmarked for Haiti from the Clinton Foundation was used to fund daughter Chelsea's 2010 wedding.
He took to Twitter to address the renewed rumor, which first emerged the day before the 2016 presidential.
He wrote: 'No Clinton Foundation funds — dedicated to Haiti or otherwise —were used to pay for Chelsea's wedding. It's not only untrue, it's a personal insult to me, to Hillary, and to Chelsea and Marc.'
The allegation re-emerged this week after Bill, Hillary and Chelsea tweeted reactions to Trump's reported remarks about 'sh**hole countries,' that referenced Haiti, among other nations