'Congress has lost a champion': Twitter reacts to death of Elijah Cummings

As news of House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings death broke Thursday morning, reactions began flooding in.

Cummings died suddenly at 68 due to complications from long-standing health problems. The Maryland Democrat was first elected in 1996 and rose in prominence among leaders in his party.

Cummings became chairman of the House Oversight Committee in January when Democrats took over control of the House.

There was a bipartisan outpouring of praise for his legacy and support for his family.

"Deeply saddened by the passing of Chairman Elijah Cummings. He spoke truth to power, defended the disenfranchised and represented West Baltimore with strength and dignity. Congress has lost a Champion. Heaven has gained an Angel of Justice. May he forever #RestInPower," House Democratic Caucus Chairman Hakeem Jeffries said.

Republican Rep. Will Hurd of Texas wrote, "My thoughts are with the loved ones of Rep. Elijah Cummings and the Baltimore community today. He was a shining example of how to be a fighter for his constituents. It was an honor to know him and I will cherish that I had the honor of calling him my friend. He will be missed."

"A champion for the poor and downtrodden, Rep. Elijah Cummings has departed. He strove through decades of service to bring justice and dignity to greater numbers in this world. We honor his life and his work, and pledge to continue his fight. Rest now, great soul," said Star Trek star George Takei...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress-has-lost-a-champio...

Blah, blah...Now his widow is left to answer for their crimes.

"Maya Rockeymoore, the wife of corrupt Democrat criminal douchebag Elijah Cummings is refusing to hand over documents that will show the crimes of herself and Rep. Cummingsin a huge multi-million dollar pay to play scandal that should cause Rep Cummings to be removed from Congress."

"Top Democrat Elijah Cummings May Serve Prison Time For His Role In IRS Scandal. Click here for documents about Cummings' interactions with the IRS about a targeted conservative organization. Top Democrat Elijah Cummings faces up to five years in prison for his criminal actions. On Wednesday Rep. Cummings called on Congress to end its investigation of the IRS."

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

join the gorillas in the mist

The politicians show respect for a crook as they are no better themselves. It would be interesting to hear their real thoughts.

Just another racist troublemaker!

Elijah Cummings tweets from Hell

https://imgflip.com/i/3dlkcp

So it's a little irreverent. Who really cares?

LOL Tif...:)

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

Latest Activity

Diana commented on Doc Vega's blog post You Have Just Ventured into the Impeachment Zone!
14 minutes ago
Diana favorited Doc Vega's blog post You Have Just Ventured into the Impeachment Zone!
16 minutes ago
Doc Vega's blog post was featured

You Have Just Ventured into the Impeachment Zone!

You have just entered a realm of concepts and ideas where the summit of man's knowledge reaches the…See More
18 minutes ago
Amaterasu Solar and Raz Putin are now friends
49 minutes ago
Chris of the family Masters commented on James Roberts's photo
Thumbnail

US Politics

"In the nutshell...."
1 hour ago
Amaterasu Solar replied to Amaterasu Solar's discussion You Can Have That Government – But You Can’t Have Me!
"[hugs!]  Humble thanks for Your assessment!"
1 hour ago
Chris of the family Masters favorited James Roberts's photo
1 hour ago
Amaterasu Solar replied to Amaterasu Solar's discussion You Can Have That Government – But You Can’t Have Me!
"The more of Us that make that choice, and choose to consent to a better way of doing things, the…"
1 hour ago
Chris of the family Masters favorited James Roberts's photo
1 hour ago
Chris of the family Masters commented on James Roberts's photo
Thumbnail

Gunnocent Until Proven Iilty

"The pirates flipped jurisdictions since 1933."
1 hour ago
Diana posted videos
1 hour ago
Mr. Sizzle favorited Doc Vega's blog post You Have Just Ventured into the Impeachment Zone!
1 hour ago
Doc Vega posted a blog post

You Have Just Ventured into the Impeachment Zone!

You have just entered a realm of concepts and ideas where the summit of man's knowledge reaches the…See More
1 hour ago
Boris posted videos
1 hour ago
Diana commented on Boris's status
"No surprise. Roger Stone: Liberal jury will lead to unfair defamation trial By Julia…"
1 hour ago
Boris posted a status
"11 year old site with 1000s members why it dead?"
1 hour ago
Boris posted a status
"REUTERS: TRUMP ADVISER ROGER STONE GUILTY ON ALL SEVEN COUNTS OF LYING TO CONGRESS, OBSTRUCTION AND WITNESS TAMPERING -U.S. JURY VERDICT"
2 hours ago
Boris favorited James T. Kirk's video
2 hours ago
Boris posted a status
"'False wall' found in Colorado Springs day care owner's house with 26 kids in basement"
2 hours ago

© 2019   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted