Norwegian 'MI5' Had Massacre Suspect On List

sky.com

The man accused of killing at least 76 people in a shooting massacre and car bombing in Norway had been on an intelligence watch list since March, according to reports.

The Norwegian newspaper VG Nett claims Anders Behring Breivik had been put on the list after illegally buying large amount of chemicals online from a Polish retailer. Sky's Ian Woods said the Norwegian intelligence service had not acted on the information about because they did not believe it was "relevant". In his first court appearance since the horrific attacks on Friday, Breivik admitted he was responsible but pleaded not guilty. He also revealed that there are "two further cells" in his terror organisation which the judge said will be investigated. He had previously said he was acting alone and police currently have no other suspects. The gunman suspect as he walks past the bodies of his victims on the shoreline of the island of Utoya in Norway. PIC: MARIUS ARNESEN/NRK.
The gunman walks past his victims on shoreline. Pic: Marius Arnesen/NRK.
But in a press conference officers said they "cannot completely rule out that someone else was involved". In a statement he said he had carried out the attacks because he wanted to "save Norway and Western Europe from a Muslim takeover". He accused the Labour party of "mass imports of Muslims" and said the objective behind the terror plot was to give a "sharp signal to the people". The 32-year-old said his bombing of government buildings in Oslo and shooting spree at a summer camp on Utoya island for Labour's youth wing was aimed at deterring future recruitment to the Labour party. Breivik leaving
Breivik was spotted in this car leaving court after the hearing
Friday's tragedy started when Breivik set off a car bomb near government headquarters in Oslo. Police have said the number of people killed in the blast has increased to eight, with a further 30 injured. :: See more pictures from Friday's attacks here Ninety minutes later Breivik opened fire on hundreds of teenagers assembled for the youth camp on Utoya. The death toll for that massacre has now been revised down to 68.

Survivors Remember Norway Massacre

The overall total for both attacks had previously been given as at least 93. It is hoped that identification of the victims will be completed by Thursday. Several others are said to still be missing and 50 officers are searching for evidence on Utoya. Thousands of people have gathered in Oslo for a 'Rose March' where the flowers, which are the Labour party's symbol, will be scattered on the city's streets in memory of the dead. Breivik has been charged with terrorism offences and will be remanded in custody for eight weeks, including spending the first four weeks in solitary confinement with no visitors, letters or access to media. Covered bodies seen on the shore of small wooded island of Utoya, Norway, after shooting at a summer youth camp
The victims' bodies lay on the shoreline of Utoya island
Judge Heger said it was important Breivik could not communicate with other people. He also refused his request to wear a uniform in court. Breivik was dressed as a policeman when he carried out the shootings on Utoya, 20 miles (35km) from Oslo. The prosecution said Breivik had behaved calmly and did not seem to be affected by events. They said he understood that he would spend the rest of his life behind bars. His father has been reported as saying his son should have committed suicide instead of surrendering to police. The aftermath of the explosion in Oslo
Aftermath of the explosion in the Norwegian captal Oslo
Speaking from his home in France Jens Breivik told TV2: "I think that ultimately he should have taken his own life rather than kill so many people." The pair have not been in contact for several years. The self-styled crusader had asked for an open hearing so he could explain his actions to the public. Geir Lippestad
Breivik's lawyer Geir Lippestad
But the judge ruled the court would be closed after police and prosecutors voiced concerns he might try to send coded messages to fellow extremists. None of his victims has been named except for one - 51-year-old Trond Berntsen, the stepbrother of crown princess Mette-Marit. Earlier, hundreds of people gathered in Oslo for a minute's silence and to lay flowers or light candles for the victims. :: Click here for the official online book of condolence (in Norwegian): The attacks have left Norway, a small and wealthy country unused to political violence, in a state of shock. :: Follow all the latest news on the Norway attacks in the blog below:

Comment

You need to be a member of 12160 Social Network to add comments!

Join 12160 Social Network

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

 

Latest Activity

Doc Vega posted a blog post

Who was the Better Drummer Paul McCartney or Ringo?

 In contrast to the earlier interviews with Paul McCartney before the alleged fatal car accident in…See More
30 minutes ago
FREEDOMROX posted a blog post

THE END: 2046

Hello again my fellow travelers in life.     Today, I will not delve into politics, the economy,…See More
22 hours ago
FREEDOMROX commented on FREEDOMROX's blog post Common Sense look at Elon gated Musk rat
"Just to show I am still around... :P"
yesterday
FREEDOMROX favorited Doc Vega's blog post Why Was The TV Show “The Outer Limits” Such a Threat?
yesterday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The Undeclared Ongoing War With China

 Just one day after meeting with President Trump in China. Xi Ji Ping has a meeting with Russian…See More
yesterday
Doc Vega's 2 blog posts were featured
Monday
tjdavis posted a photo
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The US Federal Government Who is Really in Charge? Tulsi Gets Raided?

 Just 24 hours ago the office of Intelligence Director, Tulsi Gabbard was raided by the CIA at…See More
Friday
tjdavis posted photos
Friday
tjdavis posted a blog post
May 13
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The Latest Craze

Their demonic little waysThe news is just a biased arrayThe higher taxes they want you to…See More
May 12
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

A Banished Poet

"An interesting snippet from world poetry day this year to learn of the first poet excited from the…"
May 12
cheeki kea posted a photo
May 12
cheeki kea commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1772349325558

"Good Point!  Our Indo European friends in Iran gave the devil a good write down ( and Jesus a…"
May 11
Doc Vega posted blog posts
May 11
Burbia's blog post was featured

How much money makes anyone have a god complex?

Trump makes a meme of himself as Jesus Christ. Soros says he fancied himself a sort of god.In 2004,…See More
May 10
Less Prone favorited Burbia's blog post How much money makes anyone have a god complex?
May 10
cheeki kea's blog post was featured
May 10
Less Prone favorited Gordon Freeman's blog post Stupidity...
May 10
Doc Vega's 6 blog posts were featured
May 10

© 2026   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted