I have found that growing your own food is a marvelous way to resist the NWO for many reasons. One being that you are in complete control.... you can choose how to grow, and then you obviously know where your food is coming from, unlike when bought at the grocer. I have been buying organic for almost 5 years, and this is my second year organic gardening! Gardening might as well be my new summer hobby. I'm about 45 minutes south of Chicago which is considered zone five, and before i started doing this.... i knew pretty much nothing about gardening. I'm made countless mistakes.... but it's all about the experience IMO. From that experience, I've come to believe that you can grow food, practically anywhere.... and regardless of the of your yards or apartments size restrictions! Seek, my friends, and you shall find!

I've also heard other movement cats like Jason Bermas say that if he had to garden... he could, but he currently isn't. My only advise to you all is DO NOT WAIT TILL YOU NEED TO GARDEN TO START. I'm convinced that by then, it's too late..... and it isn't necessarily an easy task. Plants have needs just like the rest of us, and I feel it's better to be ready with the knowledge then late and sorry.

I figured, since it's the middle of the season.... sharing our 2009 gardening adventures is a fantastic way to get to know and learn from each other.... and perhaps inspire some of the rest. I'd also like to see this forum take off a little.... so here's my nudge! : )

Here's my list of what we are growing this year. We have the greenhouse bed, and one larger bed, maybe half a dozen pots, and two hanging baskets. I've done the cucumbers, cantaloupe, and squash along the fence to save space also. (last year they took over the yard!) : )

cherry tomatoes and beefsteak tomatoes
beets
carrots
leeks
lettuce
strawberries
broccoli
green peppers
sunflowers
bell peppers
red peppers
chili peppers
bush beans
potatoes
cabbage
cantaloupe
cucumbers
and zucchini squash.

We also heard about compost tea and have given it a shot. I do it 2 or 3 times a week and use mushroom compost, humus, and fish emulsion, aerating for 24 hours.

Here are some of my pictures. The first two are from about a month ago. We've since then taken the cover off the greenhouse so the veggies don't fry, and practically everything has doubled in size. I will update the photos here again soon! Hope to see some of you chime in and share your growing journey with the rest of us!

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One way to preserve seeds is to share your heirloom varieties freely with your neighbors, but keep a record of who you have shared what with. In time, with enough gifts, nothing short of a nuclear strike will be able to destroy your "Seed Bank."

Saving seeds is fun. I make sure all my seed are heirloom seeds, never ever the Monsanto varieties,etc.

Here is a site that shows how to harvest and store your seeds with many short little videos.

Enjoy!

http://mapofsaltspring.com/raven/

*******Save your garden seeds

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

tjdavis posted a photo
2 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
5 hours ago
MAC posted a video
16 hours ago
tjdavis posted videos
16 hours ago
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Meanwhile Back on Planet Earth

With the news of the Jack Smith prosecution of Donald J. Trump being removed from the court docket,…See More
22 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

who would win a debate?

"It gets waaayy worse. TPTB want to normalize this gross fat bullshit."
yesterday
Doc Vega posted photos
yesterday
cheeki kea posted photos
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

"why of cause Any Mental Health issue would be enough to cause concern and it's known that in…"
yesterday
tjdavis favorited Doc Vega's blog post The Modern Day Twilight Zone!
yesterday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The Modern Day Twilight Zone!

Here at the Twilight Zone I can make no apologies for the insanity you are about to see!It must be…See More
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
Sunday
Sandy commented on Sandy's photo
Saturday
Sandy posted a photo
Saturday
Doc Vega posted photos
Friday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Friday
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post Was Sabotage or Terrorism used in the Collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge?
"Less Prone thanks for the reply. Yes, these events could be very effective at destroying the US…"
Friday
tjdavis posted photos
Thursday
Doc Vega posted photos
Thursday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted