Europe Bans X-Ray Body Scanners Used at U.S. Airports

Photo by Michael Nagle/Getty Images file photo

by Michael Grabell
ProPublica, Nov. 15, 2011, 3:45 p.m

The European Union on Monday prohibited the use of X-ray body scanners in European airports, parting ways with the U.S. Transportation Security Administration, which has deployed hundreds of the scanners as a way to screen millions of airline passengers for explosives hidden under clothing.
The European Commission, which enforces common policies of the EU's 27 member countries, adopted the rule “in order not to risk jeopardizing citizens’ health and safety.”

As a ProPublica/PBS NewsHour investigation detailed earlier this month, X-ray body scanners use ionizing radiation, a form of energy that has been shown to damage DNA and cause cancer. Although the amount of radiation is extremely low, equivalent to the radiation a person would receive in a few minutes of flying, several research studies have concluded that a small number of cancer cases would result from scanning hundreds of millions of passengers a year.
European countries will be allowed to use an alternative body scanner, on that relies on radio frequency waves, which have not been linked to cancer. The TSA has also deployed hundreds of those machines – known as millimeter-wave scanners – in U.S. airports. But unlike Europe, it has decided to deploy both types of scanners.
The TSA would not comment specifically on the EU’s decision. But in a statement, TSA spokesman Mike McCarthy said, “As one of our many layers of security, TSA deploys the most advanced technology available to provide the best opportunity to detect dangerous items, such as explosives.
http://www.propublica.org/article/europe-bans-x-ray-body-scanners-u...

Views: 1289

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems to be reasonable, but when you realize that the planes that hit the WTC, crashed in Shanskville, PA, and hit the Pentagon were NOT REAL PLANES, but holograms, then you have to wonder why they are using body scanners at all. There are no terrorists.

I don't get this reply. Are you implying that I'm being paid to say that?

Nope, I'm implying that whoever it is who buys and deploys all those body scanners might be, wasn't THAT your question?

Yes, I get your question now! Thanks! I'm so used to being called a shill because of my Youtube channel, I think I must bet getting paranoid.

“in order not to risk jeopardizing citizens’ health and safety.”

That just about says it all...

Also  the  lives  of  unborn  babies.  Any  Doctor  will  tell  you  that!!!   Also,  sterility  in  males  and  females.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Time to investigate "alternative body scanner, one that relies on radio frequency waves, which have not been linked to cancer" YET.

I know how science works. You can never prove something, but you can prove something NOT, which is often ommitted when there's messages like "does not have an effect on ...".

It means "We have not found an effect on ... ", and then it often does not even get investigated properly, eager for the sell and the profit.

Absolutely. See my second schoolyard warfare scenario: We get hit by both Israel and Russia: http://anonymissexpress.tumblr.com/post/12754369884/some-schoolyard...

We're DOOMED!

I am trying to see how I could take offense from your reply, so that I couldn't. I tried really hard, but I don't see it?

Anyway, I don't have microwave ovens, and no handheld devices, for reasons of them not making me feel okay and disturbing my sleep. I live without a lot of "luxuries", and I prefer not to travel by air either. And I kid around a lot.

Yes, damage by waves has been researched a lot. Seriously. And there seem to be health risks involved with the use of EMF RFT ... effects on sperm and brain cells.

Anyway, just wanted to point out (jokingly) that the European rules aren't "better". Offense not intended. Pun intended. :D

I didn't know it was a "known bug", even tho my cousin has it too. I thought it was just us. I don't deny my experiences when something is not known. It is what it is. Doh! Great to know that it is being investigated. TYVM!

Not a Dude.

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

 

Latest Activity

Doc Vega's blog post was featured

Why Does the Same Message Come Through Again and Again?

 From several abductees over the decades since Betty and Barney Hill who have reported everything…See More
4 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post The Exposure of the 9-11 attacks as an Inside Job! In Plane SITE!
"rlionhearted, That's a question I've asked from thevery beginning! What the hel;l was…"
16 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post The Exposure of the 9-11 attacks as an Inside Job! In Plane SITE!
"Less Prone, they are not just folling us they are killing innocent citizens and non-combatants for…"
16 hours ago
tjdavis posted a video

The Conformist (1970) Original Trailer [HD]

Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci. With Jean-Louis Trintignant, Stefania Sandrelli and Gastone Moschin.The Conformist Blu-ray : https://amzn.to/3QruE5FThe Conf...
yesterday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

How Ukraine Revolutionized Warfare and Stopped Putin

 A war that Vladimir Putin sold to his people that would be a cake walk that would be over in a few…See More
yesterday
tjdavis posted a photo
Friday
tjdavis posted a photo
Friday
tjdavis posted a blog post
Thursday
tjdavis posted a video

Linda Moulton Howe Reopens the Antarctica Mystery With New Claims

Linda Moulton Howe has reopened a file she guarded for twenty-five years, and nearly every witness inside it is now gone. It holds testimony about Antarctica...
Thursday
tjdavis posted a photo
Thursday
Doc Vega favorited Central Scrutinizer's group Clinton For Prison!
Thursday
rlionhearted_3 commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1790355245884

"There was no 6 million! See Red Cross, put Jewish deaths during WWII at 277,000! German…"
Thursday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The De-intellectualizing of the West!

 One of the saddest aspects of reducing a society into chaos and division is propaganda, which is…See More
Wednesday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Wednesday
cheeki kea posted a photo
Wednesday
tjdavis posted a video

The file of shame - Zandvoort - one of the largest covered-up paedophile scandals

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Tuesday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Alaskan Triangle US Air Force Loses 5 Aircraft

 The year is 1950 and the US and Soviet Union are locked in a crucial arms race that epitomizes the…See More
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Is this an Undeclared War We are Technologically Losing?

 Incident No. 1The year is 1980 and in US Air Force records this incident is still classified so…See More
Sep 25
tjdavis favorited Sandy's photo
Sep 25
Sandy posted a photo
Sep 25

© 2026   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted