Many of us silver bugs have a reason to be concerned. The market is getting ready for a correction (I mean we need it in order to introduce QE3) While many of us are accumulating the safe silver bullion or coins the question comes up, what for? My answer is to barter for things we will need and with dollars that are devaluing you will not get much. I did some research of the things we will barter for in a crunch and came up with the items to disappear first.  I suggest for those who have not prepared to get cracking.

Read the list

 

http://lonerangersilver.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/100-items-to-disap...

 

Views: 551

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty good. We've done this a long time ago. The number 1 though, while it may go quick, like stated it will be a thief magnet. Normally that wouldn't be so bad except for it will end with an s and add the word hungry and desperate to that. I would say solar with inverters but after the year of storms so far I'm not too sure. At this point, open to suggestions.
You are right about generators, but in cases where used mostly to run appliances and living in a farm might be OK, but the windows will have to shaded or the light will attract attention. Solar would be great here in Arizona. I think it is going to be very unsafe in the large cities. People will steal to feed their children and that is natural. Unlike other countries we have an armed population and they will not be throwing rocks at the soldiers. We are also not used to shortness of anything so we are spoiled. It is going to be hard on us especially at a time when the family unit is such a mess. In other countries families come together and that is how they endure long term lack of work and income. We have a couple of months of food and water some candles and crank lanterns. Gun and plenty of ammo.
I am hesitant on the generator - we had a week w/out power last fall and one neighbor had a generator - but it was SO LOUD!   I told my husband that it was a "loot us" beacon.   I've not heard positive things about the solar generator from solutions from science, so unsure what other option to ck out.   But a noisy one is not for me!
When I was a boy we lived in a farm and used a generator that was very loud. We had it in a little room about 300 ft. from the house and used it only for about 2 hours each night. It would be different in the city and maybe dangerous.

Honda makes a small generator with a muffler.

So quiet, when you hear it in action, you will be like "WTF?"

You almost have to be right up on it to hear it...outdoors.

In a basement or shed...it would be close to undetectable.

I've seen this list before at my Bible class; one thing I have started doing is looking at everything I'd normally toss in the trash and asking, "Would this be useful in a crisis?"    Things like empty bread bags, etc.    My first husband's family was from Ireland and I remember his mom talking about they were so poor they used bread bags under their socks in winter (socks had holes and could not afford new ones) to keep their feet dry - so now I have a stash of bread bags.    We recently had to toss out an iron that my husband could not fix before tossing it out, I basically tore it apart and removed all the screws, springs, washers etc. from it.    

 

I am now officially a packrat, I suppose - but maybe the stuff will come in useful or for barter.  

Good ideas and the concept is right on. This country is going to go back to the what it used to be in a way. I remember it was great, but it will be harder in younger generations. We used to fix things and improvise rather than throw them away. It was unthinkable to throw away glass bottles and jars in the trash because they were redeemable for cash.

Jose seems to have disappeared even here : (

I tried to go to this site about first 100 things, but it has been removed for non compliance or something of that sort. But several other sites offer similar lists.

That site is no longer available... is the article posted somewhere else?

Think this is the list - 100 Items to Disappear First

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

 

Latest Activity

Doc Vega's blog post was featured

Why Does the Same Message Come Through Again and Again?

 From several abductees over the decades since Betty and Barney Hill who have reported everything…See More
8 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post The Exposure of the 9-11 attacks as an Inside Job! In Plane SITE!
"rlionhearted, That's a question I've asked from thevery beginning! What the hel;l was…"
19 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post The Exposure of the 9-11 attacks as an Inside Job! In Plane SITE!
"Less Prone, they are not just folling us they are killing innocent citizens and non-combatants for…"
19 hours ago
tjdavis posted a video

The Conformist (1970) Original Trailer [HD]

Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci. With Jean-Louis Trintignant, Stefania Sandrelli and Gastone Moschin.The Conformist Blu-ray : https://amzn.to/3QruE5FThe Conf...
yesterday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

How Ukraine Revolutionized Warfare and Stopped Putin

 A war that Vladimir Putin sold to his people that would be a cake walk that would be over in a few…See More
yesterday
tjdavis posted a photo
Friday
tjdavis posted a photo
Friday
tjdavis posted a blog post
Thursday
tjdavis posted a video

Linda Moulton Howe Reopens the Antarctica Mystery With New Claims

Linda Moulton Howe has reopened a file she guarded for twenty-five years, and nearly every witness inside it is now gone. It holds testimony about Antarctica...
Thursday
tjdavis posted a photo
Thursday
Doc Vega favorited Central Scrutinizer's group Clinton For Prison!
Thursday
rlionhearted_3 commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1790355245884

"There was no 6 million! See Red Cross, put Jewish deaths during WWII at 277,000! German…"
Thursday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The De-intellectualizing of the West!

 One of the saddest aspects of reducing a society into chaos and division is propaganda, which is…See More
Wednesday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Wednesday
cheeki kea posted a photo
Wednesday
tjdavis posted a video

The file of shame - Zandvoort - one of the largest covered-up paedophile scandals

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Tuesday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Alaskan Triangle US Air Force Loses 5 Aircraft

 The year is 1950 and the US and Soviet Union are locked in a crucial arms race that epitomizes the…See More
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Is this an Undeclared War We are Technologically Losing?

 Incident No. 1The year is 1980 and in US Air Force records this incident is still classified so…See More
Sep 25
tjdavis favorited Sandy's photo
Sep 25
Sandy posted a photo
Sep 25

© 2026   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted