Authorities have "lost the plot" over the Olympics and are needlessly arresting people, according to a human rights lawyer.

Kieran O'Rourke said authorities had a "hyper-sensitivity" over the Games.

His comments come after an artist who had been approached by Team GB to paint the Athletes' Village was arrested and banned from going near Olympic venues.

British Transport Police (BTP) said the arrest was not pre-emptive and it was protecting the Games' "integrity".

Professional artist Darren Cullen, 38, from Kent, was arrested earlier this week on suspicion of inciting to commit criminal damage along with several other people.

He said officers arrested and questioned him over a graffiti website which he registered for a customer several years ago.

"Even if it was my website, what has that got to do with the Olympics? What can I do to the Olympics? I'm not being arrested for doing things on street.

"I'm fuming. I'm not that type of person - it just stinks."

Mr Cullen, who has worked with various companies including official Olympic sponsor Adidas and has received the government's backing over his project to prevent graffiti on trains, said he was released on police bail until November.

He added that he had never illegally painted a wall.

Full Article Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18927228

"Protecting the games integrity" ???.... by arresting an artist? I suppose artists are terrorists now too?It gets more Orweillian by the day doesn't it?

He pretty much was arrested for a pre-crime stemming from a graffiti website that he registered for a past customer years ago. There was no crime yet commited but he was arrested because there was a suspicion he might commit criminal damage in the future. WTF is going on anymore? Beam me up Scotty, this place down here is fooked up. I'm ready for the RAPTURE ;)

Views: 436

Replies to This Discussion

The irony is that artist Darren Cullen (handle - 'SER') founded the street art company the Graffiti Kings - which he touts on www.graffitikings.co.ukas being 'the only Street Art company approved by the British Government.'

It is evident that the Graffiti Kings have been commisioned by some pretty high-end corporate entities such as Addidas, Microsoft, Dolce & Gabbana, and Warner Bros, which begs the question, 'why has Darren Cullen been targeted in such a fashion, and why do the UK authorities perceive him to be such a threat, especially when Cullen has been commisioned by the authoritiesin the past?

This is even before one addresses the issue of 'pre-crime' questioning and arrest, something that is disturbingly becoming more common in the UK.

Ban All Olympic Games!!   I can't see us Getting through the 2012 London Satanic zion Olympics!   

Hmm, it makes me wonder exactly what he's been painting lately. Has his artwork gotten more political or social in content? He has been commissioned by the Government and Corporations in the past so why are they targeting him now? There has to be a reason.

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

Doc Vega posted blog posts
2 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

".Supposedly, Russians have evidence that links Burisma and the recent terror attacks. Burisma for…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

True Story

"Well I bet Iran remembers that true story. ~ and there in lies the problem...because they would…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

" That one is a shocker! even for them. What could have driven and compelled them to dredge up…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

It Wasn't Fauci: How the Deep State Really Played Trump (mini-doc)

"Excellent video. I hope this one makes it to the features page it sure deserves it. Answers a lot a…"
yesterday
cheeki kea favorited tjdavis's video
yesterday
tjdavis posted videos
yesterday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Tuesday
tjdavis posted a photo
Tuesday
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
Tuesday
MAC posted a video
Tuesday
rlionhearted_3 commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

who would win a debate?

"It gets waaayy worse. TPTB want to normalize this gross fat bullshit."
Monday
Doc Vega posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Monday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

"why of cause Any Mental Health issue would be enough to cause concern and it's known that in…"
Monday
tjdavis posted a video

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

Can you imagine your doctor actively trying to disarm you? Well that may not be too far fetched when you consider what is happening inside the medical commu...
Monday
tjdavis favorited Doc Vega's blog post The Modern Day Twilight Zone!
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The Modern Day Twilight Zone!

Here at the Twilight Zone I can make no apologies for the insanity you are about to see!It must be…See More
Sunday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted