Father of Uvalde Shooter: ‘I Don’t Want Them Calling Him a Monster… They Don’t Know Nothing’

The father of the 18-year-old who shot and killed 19 students and two teachers at an Uvalde elementary school after shooting his grandmother in the face has apologized for his sons actions — but demanded “I don’t want them calling him a monster.”

Salvador Ramos Sr. told the Daily Beast on Thursday, “I just want the people to know I’m sorry man, [for] what my son did.”

The 42-year-old admitted that he had not seen his son in some time due to his fears about being exposed to COVID-19. He said that his son became frustrated with his COVID concerns about a month ago and stopped speaking to him.

“I never expected my son to do something like that,” Ramos continued. “He should’ve just killed me, you know, instead of doing something like that to someone.”

Ramos told the outlet that he was working when his mother called him to tell him what was going on. He called the local jail looking for his son, before realizing what had happened.

“They killed my baby man,” he said. “I’m never gonna see my son again, just like they’re not gonna see their kids. And that hurts me.”

The Daily Beast reports that “Ramos insisted that his son was ‘a good person’ who ‘stuck to himself.'”

The father of the killer said that he wished his son had just shot him instead.

“My mom tells me he probably would have shot me too, because he would always say I didn’t love him,” he said.

The seemingly MIA parent blamed his son’s reportedly drug-addicted mother Adriana Reyes for not buying him more clothes. He said that he was often bullied at school for wearing the same pants every day. The father was, apparently, not concerned enough to buy him some himself.

Ramos told the Beast he was speaking out because “I want my son’s story out there.”

“I don’t want them calling him a monster… they don’t know nothing, man,” he said. “They don’t know anything he was going through.”

The killer’s mother also made excuses for the monster she helped create.

In a Spanish-language interview she asked the public not to “judge” him because he “had his reasons.”

“I have no words. I have no words to say. I don’t know what he was thinking,” Reyes told CNN affiliate Televisa. “He had his reasons for doing what he did and please don’t judge him. I only want the innocent children who died to forgive me.”

Asked by the reporter what she would say to the victim’s families, Reyes said: “Forgive me. Forgive my son. I know he had his reasons.”

When asked what possibly reason he could have had, Reyes said “to get closer to those children instead of paying attention to the other bad things, I have no words. I don’t know.”

Father of Uvalde Shooter: 'I Don’t Want Them Calling Him a Monster....

Views: 150

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, the MIA father blames drug-addicted mother for what their kid did.  Reports are that this shooter was cruel to animals, bullied other people, cut himself, was arrested for threatening to shoot up a school four years ago, bought two guns on his eighteenth birthday but other people in the house knew nothing about it, police came to his house on many occasions because of altercations.  If only there had been a clue that he needed psychological help, this all could have been avoided.

Parents are often blind to the dark side of their child.

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

 

Latest Activity

Doc Vega favorited Central Scrutinizer's group Clinton For Prison!
3 minutes ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1790355245884

"There was no 6 million! See Red Cross, put Jewish deaths during WWII at 277,000! German…"
41 minutes ago
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The De-intellectualizing of the West!

 One of the saddest aspects of reducing a society into chaos and division is propaganda, which is…See More
21 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
yesterday
cheeki kea posted a photo
yesterday
tjdavis posted a video

The file of shame - Zandvoort - one of the largest covered-up paedophile scandals

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Tuesday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Alaskan Triangle US Air Force Loses 5 Aircraft

 The year is 1950 and the US and Soviet Union are locked in a crucial arms race that epitomizes the…See More
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Is this an Undeclared War We are Technologically Losing?

 Incident No. 1The year is 1980 and in US Air Force records this incident is still classified so…See More
Friday
tjdavis favorited Sandy's photo
Friday
Sandy posted a photo
Sep 25
tjdavis favorited cheeki kea's video
Sep 23
Mr.Jensen commented on cheeki kea's video
Thumbnail

THE PAPER CHAINS

"Well from now on this fight is up to Amerian People to win it. I'm afraid that all wars you…"
Sep 23
Mr.Jensen updated their profile
Sep 23
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Top German Panzer Ace of WWII Meets His End Finally

On the battlefields of the eastern and western fronts there was a scourge for the Germans who had…See More
Sep 22
tjdavis posted a photo
Sep 22
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Big Lonely: An Indie Film that Will seriously Affect You

It's easy for us to be caught up in our little world, feeling sorry for ourselves, or lamenting the…See More
Sep 21
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Sep 20
rlionhearted_3 favorited Doc Vega's blog post Don’t you Just Enjoy having Your Intelligence Insulted?
Sep 19
rlionhearted_3 favorited Doc Vega's blog post Don’t you Just Enjoy having Your Intelligence Insulted?
Sep 19
rlionhearted_3 favorited Doc Vega's blog post Don’t you Just Enjoy having Your Intelligence Insulted?
Sep 19

© 2026   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted