Opinion » Columnists

Obama has decided it is safer to buy Congress than go it alone

By Paul Craig Roberts

Obama has decided it is safer to buy Congress than go it alone. 51003.jpeg

While still claiming dictatorial powers to start a war on his own authority, Obama put his unilateral attack on Syria on hold when he received a letter from more than 160 members of the House of Representatives reminding him that to take the country to war without congressional approval is an impeachable offense and when he saw that no country that could serve as cover for a war crime, not even the puppet British government and the NATO puppet states, would support America's announced military aggression against Syria. 

Obama got away with attacking Libya without an OK from Congress, because he used Washington's NATO puppets and not US military forces. That ploy let Obama claim that the US was not directly involved.

Now that the lack of cover and the challenge from Congress has caused the would-be tyrant Obama to put on hold his attack on Syria, what can we expect?

If Obama were intelligent, and clearly anyone who would appoint Susan Rice as his national security adviser is not intelligent, he would simply let the attack on Syria fade into the background and die as Congress returns on September 9 to face the insoluble problems of the budget deficit and debt ceiling. 

A competent administration would realize that a government that is unable to pay its bills without heavy use of the printing press is in far too much trouble to be worrying about what is going on in Syria. No competent administration would risk a military strike that could result in a Middle East conflagration and a rise in oil prices, thus worsening the economic situation that Washington faces.

But Obama and his collection of incompetents have demonstrated that they have no competence. The regime is also corrupt, and the entire edifice rests on nothing but lies.

Now that the White House realizes that Obama cannot commit a war crime without cover, here is what we can likely expect. The argument will move away from whether or not Assad used chemical weapons and become an argument that Congress must not undermine US prestige and credibility by failing to support President Obama, the latest front man for American wars of aggression.

Source and more...

Views: 417

Replies to This Discussion

Russia warns of nuclear disaster if Syria is hit

"If a warhead, by design or by chance, were to hit the Miniature Neutron Source Reactor (MNSR) near Damascus, the consequences could be catastrophic," Aleksandr Lukashevich said in a Wednesday statement.

"WAR IS PEACE, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH" 

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

MAC replied to MAC's discussion ‘If Europe does not wake up, you will all be dead,’ says Naomi Wolf, author of Facing the Beast
"Even a leftest Feminist can see the truth, but not Manny have the gift."
5 hours ago
MAC posted discussions
5 hours ago
MAC posted videos
5 hours ago
MAC replied to MAC's discussion EXPOSED! United Nations has a secret plan to invade America | Redacted w Natali and Clayton Morris
"They wont allow Trump to take the government back. They will all come together and say Biden won,…"
6 hours ago
MAC replied to MAC's discussion EXPOSED! United Nations has a secret plan to invade America | Redacted w Natali and Clayton Morris
"They are setting up a full genocide of white people, Notice the infiltrators are only invading…"
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Burbia commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

The Untold Stories Of Your Favorite Musicians | Hired Gun | Full Music Documentary

"I don't recall Chuck Berry being mentioned here. Didn't he travel with his guitar and…"
8 hours ago
tjdavis posted a blog post
yesterday
tjdavis posted a photo
yesterday
FREEDOMROX commented on cheeki kea's blog post Southern Lights / Northern Lights engulf entire world.
"Now you are catching on... Myths, Legends, Innuendo... All this has been planted in the…"
yesterday
FREEDOMROX favorited cheeki kea's blog post Southern Lights / Northern Lights engulf entire world.
yesterday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

Bungled my Life

Bungled My Life I bungled my life in the service of othersBetrayed by those I helped my sisters and…See More
yesterday
MAC commented on MAC's photo
Thumbnail

gvIKn.qR4e-small-MAJOR-MEAT-COMPANY-INVESTS

"I don't know why Less. Tyson has a huge company and they supply many other company's with…"
yesterday
tjdavis posted a blog post
Sunday
tjdavis posted a video

The Untold Stories Of Your Favorite Musicians | Hired Gun | Full Music Documentary

The Untold Stories Of Your Favorite Musicians | Hired Gun | Full Music DocumentaryThey are the “First Call, A-list” musicians, just 20 feet from stardom, yet...
Sunday
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post An Empty Shell
"Cheeki Kea Thanks! Your messages are always positive and encouraging! Have a blessed day."
Saturday
Doc Vega posted photos
Friday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Friday
Sandy posted a photo
Friday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Wednesday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted