I have been heartbroken by the desperate cries of our students begging for help to halt Climate Change before they are killed by it. But then I realized, IF THEY ARE SERIOUS,THEY should take steps NOW.
Enough with pointless “protests & demonstrations” , here are actual steps the Youth can take right now to meaningfully fight Global Warming.
REALLY! Start with the schools:
(1) Drop school room temperatures down to 55 during the winter. yank ALL air conditioners. Recycle the materials
(2) WALK or bicycle to school. No more buses or rides.
(3) No more school trips or events involving travel other than walking or bikes.
(4) No more HOT lunches. ALL food provided MUST be eaten.
(5) No more energy wasting swimming pools, showers or amenities.
(6) Simple utilitarian school uniforms. No more resource wasting “fashions”.
(7) All schools downsized, larger class sizes, smaller classrooms(easier to heat)
(8) NO “teacher”s to reduce carbon footprint. If cows cause it, then teachers do too. All lectures will be streamed over the interweb, Why keep reinventing the wheel when the subject matter can be covered expertly by ONE central lecturer, questions answered online. tests online,
(9) Wandering room monitors supplemented with cameras replace teachers.
(10) Year round school to speed education. We are not agrarian, kids don’t help in the fields today. Why have unused structures 3 months each year? That’s wasteful.
(11) No individual internet, it takes too much carbon to produce the billions of devices needed to use the web and to infrastructure the web.
(12) Schoolbooks will be treated carefully and reused. 2+2 has equaled 4 for thousands of years and basic truths do not have to be rewritten so some corporation can make big bucks ……….. while chopping down trees.
(13) Cell phones for kids? They gotta go. The carbon footprint required to manufacture and transport cell phones is enormous as billions of people around the world now have them. And when the batteries have to be replaced, they are so toxic to the environment that old batteries cannot even be buried. And that doesn’t even begin to address the airwave pollution from HERF-EMI, High Energy Radio Frequency Electro Magnetic Interference.
All this should make a huge impact and go along way toward solving the climate change problem.