Rangel Legislation: Mandatory Military Service For ALL Americans 18-42 yrs old

Rangel Legislation: Mandatory Military Service For ALL Americans 18...

Rep. Charles Rangel yesterday again called for bringing back the national draft -- right at the Times Square recruiting station.

For the third time since the Iraq War began, the Harlem Democrat announced his plans to introduce a bill requiring all Americans to serve in the armed forces.

"If you love your country, be prepared to serve," said Rangel, a Korean War veteran.

Congress should stop funding the war and, instead, use tax dollars to bring troops home, he said.

Rangel, who this year was stripped of his chairmanship of the House Ways and Means Committee, said the bill calls for men and women 18-42 to sign up
for the draft during wartime. It will likely be introduced next week.

Views: 324

Replies to This Discussion

Good one. I made full circle on this one. I used to be against the draft, but now I know it's the only way to stop the endless repetition of war. I support this bill. Yeah, draft young rich kids. Quickly send them to the frontlines with House member's sons and daughters with no deferments or cushy, safe positions offered and see how long this carnage continues.
I guess there will be a lot of us that fall into that category. What if you are parents that fall into that age range? Where would your kids go if both parents were called for the draft? There would be a lot of kids without their parents around that is for sure. In no way can that be a good thing. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

How is this piece of legislation going to end the wars and bring peace? It sounds to me like recycling humans for the endless war machine. They've already used the military up by the constant tours these men and women have had to endure, now they're coming after us, the young, to use us up too.

I hope this legislation doesn't see the light of day! I would rather die fighting against the Empire instead of dieing for it!
Hi Tara, I fully understand where your coming from with your comment against a draft. I do. Like I said earlier, I used to be against it for the same reason. Bottom line, this war is way to convenient with a all "volunteer" army. If you want some real "cause and affect" (for peace), pass a bill that threatens to send politician's offspring to war. It sucks, but I think it's the only way for peace.
In addition, Tara, I wouldn't worry about this bill passing. The makers of war will never allow it to move forward. Why? Because they know full well it would disrupt their cozy little game plan. The all volunteer gig is working like a champ. As is, the war bucks are flowing just fine with no risk to those signing each new war budget. Indeed, their kids are doing just fine & dandy in college (away from the frontlines of war) as they prepare for public office when their parents retire.
I hope more people offer their opinion on this great topic. I am interested in knowing how our members feel about this one....
Jen, you may want to remain open on this topic and reconsider if a draft would actually help. The perfect backlash is to put those at risk who think their safe from the carnage. It makes for a tough political career when you get caught trying to evade military service during war time. Just think about it........

Jen said:
Tara I couldn't agree with you more... I would have been eligible for the draft, had it passed in the Nam era and knew I wanted no part of it... I grew up with a military dad and I appreciated his patriotism but found out way too young what a waste of f'n life it was... He retired fed up with the corrupt mess our leaders had "sold" us out to... saying that war was just a means for population control....
Aside from the population control thing who's going to be here to stand for our country if they are all drafted and off fighting around world for their planned mutilations... that will leave the older (and yes I can call 43 older) and the younger who haven't been taught much truth anyway through the systems...
Hi Greg, the two party system sucks, but I say - "Draft Young Republicans" and watch how fast this war business ends.

Greg said:
Tara, I totally agree with you. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

Tara said:
I guess there will be a lot of us that fall into that category. What if you are parents that fall into that age range? Where would your kids go if both parents were called for the draft? There would be a lot of kids without their parents around that is for sure. In no way can that be a good thing. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

How is this piece of legislation going to end the wars and bring peace? It sounds to me like recycling humans for the endless war machine. They've already used the military up by the constant tours these men and women have had to endure, now they're coming after us, the young, to use us up too.

I hope this legislation doesn't see the light of day! I would rather die fighting against the Empire instead of dieing for it!
Greg, of course it's your right to believe whatever you want to, but check this out - consider the following: when I lived in D.C., I used to ride the Metro Rail often and I got to see many young preppies coming from George Town Prep School. I'm talking about the spoiled rich kids of politicians being prepped for public office positions. Kids who wouldn't know bread without butter. I used to watch these same little tots getting dropped-off at school in limos and mercedes Benzes. If a kid got dropped-off in a Volvo, they put their nose in the air and looked down on them as "poor." I used to often hear them say things like "Gee, I wonder if mummy will let me use the Chauffer tonight?" Yeah, these are the ones who need to go to the frontlines of war. You want lasting peace? Put the rich brats at risk. Greg said:
I disagree Vince. Tyranny is Bi-Partisan and drafting the left or the right makes no difference. Obama works for the same bank bosses as Bush did. War draft is bullshit END THE WAR!!

Vincent L. Guarisco said:
Hi Greg, the two party system sucks, but I say - "Draft Young Republicans" and watch how fast this war business ends.

Greg said:
Tara, I totally agree with you. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

Tara said:
I guess there will be a lot of us that fall into that category. What if you are parents that fall into that age range? Where would your kids go if both parents were called for the draft? There would be a lot of kids without their parents around that is for sure. In no way can that be a good thing. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

How is this piece of legislation going to end the wars and bring peace? It sounds to me like recycling humans for the endless war machine. They've already used the military up by the constant tours these men and women have had to endure, now they're coming after us, the young, to use us up too.

I hope this legislation doesn't see the light of day! I would rather die fighting against the Empire instead of dieing for it!
Greg, i'm talking about kids from both sides of the isle. Plus, a car is not the issue.

Greg said:
Vince if you don't think there are snobby children of Democrats doing the same thing as Republicans your sleeping. Besides whats wrong with a Mercedes? I owned one for 7 years.

Vincent L. Guarisco said:
Greg, of course it's your right to believe whatever you want to, but check this out - consider the following: when I lived in D.C., I used to ride the Metro Rail often and I got to see many young preppies coming from George Town Prep School. I'm talking about the spoiled rich kids of politicians being prepped for public office positions. Kids who wouldn't know bread without butter. I used to watch these same little tots getting dropped-off at school in limos and mercedes Benzes. If a kid got dropped-off in a Volvo, they put their nose in the air and looked down on them as "poor." I used to often hear them say things like "Gee, I wonder if mummy will let me use the Chauffer tonight?" Yeah, these are the ones who need to go to the frontlines of war. You want lasting peace? Put the rich brats at risk. Greg said:
I disagree Vince. Tyranny is Bi-Partisan and drafting the left or the right makes no difference. Obama works for the same bank bosses as Bush did. War draft is bullshit END THE WAR!!

Vincent L. Guarisco said:
Hi Greg, the two party system sucks, but I say - "Draft Young Republicans" and watch how fast this war business ends.

Greg said:
Tara, I totally agree with you. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

Tara said:
I guess there will be a lot of us that fall into that category. What if you are parents that fall into that age range? Where would your kids go if both parents were called for the draft? There would be a lot of kids without their parents around that is for sure. In no way can that be a good thing. This is Orweillian BS, plain and simple!

How is this piece of legislation going to end the wars and bring peace? It sounds to me like recycling humans for the endless war machine. They've already used the military up by the constant tours these men and women have had to endure, now they're coming after us, the young, to use us up too.

I hope this legislation doesn't see the light of day! I would rather die fighting against the Empire instead of dieing for it!
If I remember correctly, even with the draft in place back in the Vietnam days, many rich kids especially politicians sons got a get out of war free card, so what would make it any different today? Those with money can pay their way out of anything as we all know.

My point was that it wouldn't matter if you were rich, poor, black, white, married, single, chrishtian, nonchristian, ect...... the young in the US including myself and many family members would be targeted to fight a war that has no end in sight. Why should the young be the ones targeted to fight these illegal wars? Shouldn't it be the old crochety depend wearing war mongering bastards who have turned war into a 24 hour reality show on TV? Let them fight these f-ing wars, they created them so let them fight their own wars. Arghhhhh, this just pisses me off....sorry Vince!

Vincent L. Guarisco said:
Hi Tara, I fully understand where your coming from with your comment against a draft. I do. Like I said earlier, I used to be against it for the same reason. Bottom line, this war is way to convenient with a all "volunteer" army. If you want some real "cause and affect" (for peace), pass a bill that threatens to send politician's offspring to war. It sucks, but I think it's the only way for peace.
Tara, never apoligize for expressing your informed opinion. I know that none of us can agree on everything 100% of the time. We all want the same thing. How we get there is yet to be known. Peace, Sista

~Vince
Jen, let's get something straight here and now, I don't agree with our on-going illegal wars. This discussion is about the "draft" and how it may or may not stop the wars. Yes, I already know these conflicts were planned in advance (before 9/11) by a bunch of heartless profit driven A-holes uselessly putting our troops in harms way for their own selfish greed. Plus, I have seen what PTSD does to combat vets as well. My own father is 100% service connected disabled with PTSD.

You may not agree with me and that is within your right to do so, regardless - I still believe a draft would cause a big shit stir and it could help end the war. Thus far, nothing else seems to get the dumb-down nodwells motivated to stop the madness with an all volunteer military.

Moreover, I'm smart enough to know that a certain percentage of upper-class kids would get bogus differments, but not all of them. . . so many would be forced to serve.

~Vince

Jen said:
Sorry Vincent nothing to reconsider really... if there were a need for war... if there is something honorable to be done why aren't the governments doing something about the heinous genocides going on throughout the world... why are the only wars being fought, being fought in countries where there are massive monies to be made from natural resources? Do we think that the gov't just found out about the riches in Afganastan? Don't kid yourself... Just because they finally shared with us doesn't make it news for them...

Tara made a good point also... the rich have their means to keep there young ones out of harms way... money in their pockets... and thats dems or reps...

Maybe people that are voting to send our young to die should just manup... join up and see what its like to watch your best friend get his face blown off, or children gang raped and killed in mass.. civilians slaughtered for fun...

Have you considered why there are so many coming home... that are fortunate enough to come home... suffering from mental disorders... and the illnesses from the chemicals they are exposed to...

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Doc Vega, Chris of the family Masters, cheeki kea and 3 more were featured

 

Latest Activity

Doc Vega posted blog posts
49 minutes ago
Ragnarok posted a status
"US-China tensions live: China condemns as U.S. shoots down 'Spy Balloon' over Atlantic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCRVrdGjmy0"
1 hour ago
Ragnarok posted a video

Крупный пожар вспыхнул в буддийском храме в Мельбурне в Австралии. Мощный пожар в храме.

Огромный пожар вспыхнул в буддийском храме в Мельбурне в Австралии.На месте работают около 150 сотрудников экстренных служб, но угроза распространения огня с...
1 hour ago
Doc Vega commented on Doc Vega's blog post For Those Who Fight Evil
"Ha ha Good One cheeki! "
1 hour ago
Less Prone commented on cheeki kea's blog post "I Am Taking This Very Seriously": BlackRock's Larry Fink Struggles With Demonized ESG narrative.
"Where did they get the name Blackrock for this company and how does it relate to their values? The…"
3 hours ago
Less Prone favorited cheeki kea's blog post "I Am Taking This Very Seriously": BlackRock's Larry Fink Struggles With Demonized ESG narrative.
5 hours ago
Less Prone favorited cheeki kea's photo
5 hours ago
Less Prone commented on Less Prone's video
Thumbnail

Absolutely Ridiculous - The Ice Princess | 59 Year Old Man At European Figure Skating Championships Opening Ceremony

"Yes Cheeky, Finland is one of the most obedient suckers of the flock led by Schwab Jugend who…"
5 hours ago
Gail Jones is now a member of 12160 Social Network
5 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on Doc Vega's blog post For Those Who Fight Evil
"Brains of sheep moving to slow. Lower IQ begins to show, mass immigration diluting the nation, of…"
7 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on Less Prone's video
Thumbnail

Absolutely Ridiculous - The Ice Princess | 59 Year Old Man At European Figure Skating Championships Opening Ceremony

"First you see the Nordic ladies in their beautiful costumes and then you see IT. Looks like Finland…"
8 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

Meanwhile on TV...

"Not the best look for family breakfast time and then it just gets worst as they all decide they…"
9 hours ago
cheeki kea posted a photo
9 hours ago
cheeki kea replied to steve's discussion Smudgey cat makes ol horse face tolerable
"ooh och Silenced! It's cool to see smudge back and president trump in the background just rubs…"
9 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's blog post Canadian Government Asissting Suicide
" Oh wow That was really said. " Trained to Eliminate those that are suicidal" Not a…"
10 hours ago
Sandy posted a discussion

Merck Covid Drug Linked to New Virus Mutations, Study Says

(Bloomberg) -- Merck & Co.’s Covid-19 pill is giving rise to new mutations of the virus in some…See More
11 hours ago
ralfy commented on tjdavis's blog post Normalizing Pedophiles
13 hours ago
MAC posted a discussion

Amerigeddon

Amerigeddon (Full Movie) (2016) Dina Meyer | Dianna Ladd | Geiovannie Cruz|India Eisly |Chuck…See More
14 hours ago
tjdavis posted blog posts
15 hours ago
tjdavis posted a photo
yesterday

© 2023   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted