January 25, 2012 by Jack Blood
By Jack Blood
Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Third Amendment – Protection from quartering of troops.
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
* Some of what you will read here has come to us as a TIP by a contact we have in the “military”. They wanted remain anonymous for obvious reasons (do not want to get Bradley Manning’d) We also like to keep our confidential contacts in place so that we may continue to get live intelligence.
This week, a joint military exercise is being held in downtown Los Angeles. CBS news reported is reporting a heavy military presence in downtown LA, as well as other parts of the Los Angeles metropolitan are.
According to a police spokesperson interviewed by CBS, “these exercises are designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements.”
The LAPD is also participating in the exercise. The military service branches participating in the exercise may be the California National Guard and the California State Military Reserve.
California guardsmen have recently been going through ‘riot control’ training at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base, just south of Los Angeles. Although the Los Alamitos facility was first built during World War II as a Navy Base, the California National Guard began using it for ‘riot control’ training, particularly after the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles.
As part of these joint military exercises, the California Guard may also be working on their C.E.R.T. training (Community Emergency Response Teams), which also involves police officers and first responders. A typical training scenario for downtown LA may be a mock terrorist bombing or a riot, in which the troops, police and first responders would be called to respond.
Also, here’s a brief summary of what (Our Contact) witnessed at their last training event with the (Redacted – TX military Branch).
* Most of the younger troops, particularly the young NCO’s (Non-Commissioned-Officers) E-5’s and E-6’s are fully awake. Many of them support Ron Paul because they believe ‘the federal reserve is a fraud.’
* A lot of the troops believe that there will be a major event this year and they will do ‘what ever is necessary’ to defend and protect Texas (even if it comes down to a secession). These are the troops that will be moving up in rank in the near future and will be running the guard in the next few years.
* Many of the NCO’s don’t like what the feds (DHS, ATF and TSA) are doing. I heard comments in class in front of the instructor, criticizing the intrusiveness of the federal government.. i.e. pat-downs at airports, gun confiscation by the ATF in Houston, etc.
* The women, in particular are fully against federalizing the shelters during emergencies. They strongly believe in taking good care of people in shelters, protecting them, and providing everything they need. They don’t like how the feds (FEMA) runs them.
* Most of the servicemen say they joined because they don’t want to see troops from out of state deployed in our towns and cities. They don’t want outsiders. They believe in ‘taking care of our own’ at a local level during emergencies because these are our towns, our cities, our families and our neighbors. One sergeant talked about how he made a state trooper take his bullet proof vest off at an emergency shelter during a hurricane. He told him that this was an emergency shelter –not a prison.
For the first time, I’m seeing first-hand the awakening that we’ve been waiting for so long!
I don’t know about the rest of the states, but here in Texas, Oath-Keeping appears to trump “just following orders”…