MORE TIPS BELOW!
Added by Herta Weiss
Check out the member blogs, videos, and discussions
Tags: Comes, Do, Door, FBI, If, More…The, To, What, Your
Residents of the U.S. have the right to freedom of association and to organize without government interference. But the FBI routinely stomps on the Constitution in its rush to intimidate and harass activists. Being prepared to assert your rights is half the battle when facing down agents of government repression. The other half is to gather community support for a loud, public fight to defend your — and others’ — rights.
• Exercise your right to remain silent. This is the most important thing to do. The Fifth Amendment protects you whether you are a citizen or not, no matter your age, and whether or not you have been arrested or are in jail. When approached by a law enforcement agent — at your door or over the phone — tell them, “I am not talking to you.” Refusing to answer is not a crime, but lying to a federal official is a federal offense. Anything you say can be used against you and others. Warning: In some states you can be detained for refusing to give your name to the police; know your state’s laws.
• Ask for a lawyer. This should stop questioning. It’s wise to get a lawyer: they can protect your rights, find out the nature of any investigation and advise you during questioning. Detained immigrants have a right to a lawyer. (To find one, contact the National Lawyers Guild, ACLU or your Bar Association.)
• Don’t give access to your house or office without a search warrant. Allowing an investigator past your door may be construed as consent to search. You may not be able to stop a warrantless search without risking violence, but you should state loudly so witnesses can hear, “I do not consent to a search.” A boss can consent to a search of your office; a parent or spouse to your private space; a roommate to a house’s common areas. Warning: If you allow an officer with an arrest warrant into your home, they can conduct a warrantless search; step outside to deal with them.
• Try to limit a search to the specifics of the warrant. If an officer says they have a warrant, demand to see it. It must specify the places to search and the people or things to sieze; it must have been signed by a judge recently. State that you do not consent to the search; watch everything they do, preferably with witnesses. Note: your trash can be searched once it is outside your house.
• Keep important documents out of your car. Law enforcement has broad power to conduct warrantless searches on vehicles. State that you do not consent to a search. Note: If stopped, a driver must show license, registration and proof of insurance.
• Be ultra cautious what you say in emails and on the phone, especially cell phones. Laws concerning bugs, wiretaps, access to emails and web searches are evolving. Suffice it to say that law enforcement can access much of your electronic communications — and does. Emails pose the greatest threat.
• If you are served with a subpoena, accept it. Take especially seriously a subpoena for a grand jury, a powerful tool used to conduct witch hunts against activists. If it’s a subpoena to turn over evidence or to testify in court, don’t let the server in, don’t answer questions and don’t consent to a search. Contact a lawyer to quash (dismiss) the subpoena.
Keep notes on all encounters, especially officers’ names, phone numbers and agency. In most instances it is wise to find a people’s lawyer to protect your constitutional rights. For more information see If An Agent Knocks (the booklet), available for download on the Center for Constitutional Rights website.
I wish they were like this to me. lol
Was great that she video taped it. Good info also! I scan all documents & files that I receive, and Encrypt them on the fly "in real time". There are alot of Encrytion progz, some free open source... and I save them directly to a USB external harddrive. Always a good idea.
I never accept a business card from any agent or agency as this can be misconstrued in court as to implied business relations, excellent work on her part, thanks for the clip. Just a note, if your using unencrypted gmail, make sure to enable https all the time. Go to gmail settings/ general/browser settings- always use https.The default is only for log ins and not data transfer.
Well done young lady. Loved the subtle sarcasm in the voice!
Anyhoo...a few of us discussed the possible FBI raids like this one and had a great suggestion: When the knock and ask about if you have knowledge of anyone destroying property or injuring people, it might be a good idea to present to them a DVD of video of the Christopher Dormer murder and how the Los Angeles area sheriffs, deputies and police damaged property there. Ask them if they will look into that. We are certain the lofty standards of the FBI will result in a thorough and fair investigation of what happened to Christopher Dorner!!!
Sadly the lawyers I would have access to are just "other" agents of the State and are not to be trusted, nor will they work in or for my interests.
THIS video was/is very informative and one to be shared with everyone. The camera is the best tool/weapon we have.
If an Agent Knocks PDF
Excellent Video - I take my hat off to this young lady and especially for the presence of mind to video tape and share with all of us! Well done!!
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
Posted by Spydaman13 on March 11, 2014 at 5:04pm
Posted by Site *ADMINS* on March 11, 2014 at 3:30pm
Posted by margaret on March 11, 2014 at 12:38pm
Posted by Site *ADMINS* on March 11, 2014 at 12:22pm
Posted by Thomas Less on March 11, 2014 at 10:22am
Posted by Daniel Nielsen on March 11, 2014 at 5:30am
Posted by Thomas Less on March 10, 2014 at 11:58pm
Posted by Amaterasu Solar on March 10, 2014 at 2:30pm
Posted by Amaterasu Solar on March 10, 2014 at 1:04pm
Posted by Thomas Less on March 10, 2014 at 11:10am
Posted by Robert Carobene on March 10, 2014 at 9:44am
Posted by Less Prone on March 10, 2014 at 7:51am
Posted by Daniel Nielsen on March 10, 2014 at 7:40am
Posted by Daniel Nielsen on March 10, 2014 at 7:07am
Posted by margaret on March 9, 2014 at 9:25pm
Please remember this website is supported by your donations...
Latest Activity on 12160
12160 QUICK SEARCHES
Disqus Comments - all Post- beta
Embedding is not a crime!
From the stars of 'Trailer Park Boys'
What Psychopathic Internet Trolls Can Teach Us About Persuasion
Attention Veterans: “We Want You On That Wall, We Need You On That Wall”
Record U.S. Gun Production as Obama ‘Demonized’ on Issue
A Pot Merchant Visits the Tax Man, Carrying Cash and a Gun
Alaska Sets New Wind Chill Record
SIX TEACHERS lawyer up after heroin found in elementary school bathroom
Jimmy Kimmel Live ... FOX News personality Bill O'Reilly 2014.02.18
Audio: Students Question the NSA at Recruiting Session -- Students stick it to the NSA recruiters
LIVE- Kiev Ukraine Rueters
Former Congressman Arrested for having over 100 Child Porn Videos
Jon Stewart on drone strikes: Obama is ‘our country’s all-time leader in outside battlefield sky killing’
Matt Taibbi quits Rolling Stone, joins Glenn Greenwald
Ukrainian government calls protest 'coup attempt' as sanctions debate emerges
Protests Video by Estonian National News Agency (reporting about over 30 dead today)
"Dirty Wars" FULL (HD) Documentary, VIDEO DOWNLOAD WATCH ONLINE
#Ukraine: CIA And EU Collude To Execute Another Color Revolution
Israeli Military Support to Syria's Al-Qaeda Terrorists Operating out of the Golan Heights
Minority Report Is Here: Chicago Residents Get Police Visit Based on Pre-Crime Surveillance List
Bill Nullifying Agenda 21 Passes Kentucky Senate 32-5
RT NEWS -"LIVE STREAM"
© 2014 Created by James μολὼν λαβέ.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.