RT
April 12, 2012

The American government “is using its power to intimidate, prosecute and prevent government employees from sharing information about state officials’ misconduct”, insists Stephen Kohn, attorney and author of The Whistleblower’s Handbook.

­This attack on whistleblowers in America is an attack on fundamental freedom of speech, “preventing the American people from learning about the abuses of their government,” warned the attorney.

“The doctrine of the state secret privilege in the US puts a censorship veil over everything you want to blow a whistle on.”

Former CIA Officer John Kiriakou, who was the first official to confirm the waterboarding of terrorist suspects, has been indicted for repeatedly disclosing sensitive information to journalists.

The same law was also used against whistleblower Bradley Manning, the army private who handed secret documents to Wikileaks.

Both cases go against the very basics of the US constitution, says Stephen Kohn.

“The First Amendment was enacted to prevent precisely what we’re seen unfolding today. People in the government witness abuses and they have a right to blow the whistle on them,” Kohn points out. “We are challenging the legal predicates that they have used to prosecute and suppress throughout this country. We are challenging them because they are illegal and unconstitutional,” he said.

“It is government misconduct that the government wants to suppress the public ever learning about. It is the heart of the First Amendment,” Kohn continued, explaining that “the core of the First Amendment is the protection of the people who want to expose the misconduct of government.”

In 2008, when campaigning for president, Barack Obama told voters in Fairfax, Virginia, that he is preparing a federal law to protect those who disclose suspect practice.

“I wrote a brief for a federal whistleblowers law, to make sure that it applied in more situations all the way to the Supreme Court… making sure that those whistleblowers get protection,” Obama said.

But under the Obama administration, whistleblowers have received treatment much more harsh than in the times of George W. Bush.

Stephen Kohn says it’s vital to be more aggressive with those in government who intend to gag dissenters.

“We need an adult in the room. We need someone to stand up and say, ethics in government is important. Those in the government who want to suppress dissent have to be either pushed back, or they have to be fired,” argued Kohn, noting that Obama appears to have ditched his concern for whistleblowers.

“We have to demand that our constitutional rights are protected, we have to take those claims to court, all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary, and we have to go to the Congress for the American people to fight for their rights,” the attorney called on Americans.

“These rights are not passive. If you wait for someone to give them to you – they will retaliate and you will be waiting a long time,” Kohn warned.

1. Federal Court Says States Can Regulate Guns
  2. Federal judge severely limits Second Amendment rights
  3. A Guide to the 9/11 Whistleblowers
  4. The War on Whistleblowers: Sibel Edmonds
  5. Nullifying Federal Tyranny
  6. The States Are Not Branches Of The Federal Government!
  7. Obama’s crackdown on whistleblowers targets press freedom?
  8. Emerging movement encourages sheriffs to act as shield against fede...
  9. Govt audit critiques US arms sales to Gulf states suppressing unrest
  10. 9 More Ways The U.S. Government Is Waging War Against America
  11. Illinois Handgun-Carrying Ban Challenged in Federal Suit by Firearm...
  12. Kagan’s cookbook: The joy of tyranny

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

Obumbler refuse to peosecute white collar criminals. It makes sense that this administration has prosecuted more whistle blowers than any other one. He does the opposite of what he says 90% of the time.
When President Barack Obama took office, in 2009, he championed the cause of government transparency, and spoke admiringly of whistle-blowers, whom he described as “often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government.” But the Obama Administration has pursued leak prosecutions with a surprising relentlessness. Including the Drake case, it has been using the Espionage Act to press criminal charges in five alleged instances of national-security leaks — more such prosecutions than have occurred in all previous Administrations combined. The Drake case is one of two that Obama’s Justice Department has carried over from the Bush years.
Here is the rest of the article.
http://www.salon.com/2011/05/16/whistleblowers_6/

the 2 faced usurper, pathological liar strikes again ;)

Still amazes me how he lies so constantly for 4 years...and these idiot sheep continue to bleat "Bah Bah Bah" for this wanna-be DICKtator

I don't think they will ever wake up. Obumbler along with Holder, proved that they can do no wrong in the eyes of the progressives.
He asserted executive privilege over any and all imaginary paperwork, which he's never seen and which may or may not exist. And the public doesen't seem to care.

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

Burbia commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1710523455761

"Is that the narrative now? Its more like Tik Tok influenced the younger generation to not be…"
1 hour ago
Burbia commented on Less Prone's photo
Thumbnail

Rebuilding Khazaria

"Who exactly are these beings? They violently push their way into the Middle East claiming it their…"
1 hour ago
Less Prone posted a photo

Famine or War What Would it Be

How far are these monsters allowed to go?
11 hours ago
Less Prone favorited cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
12 hours ago
Less Prone commented on cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
"It's so cruel and unfair. So many innocent people fell for it and even now the wictims are…"
12 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on truth's video
Thumbnail

MSM Admits US Funding Al-Qaeda & Taliban Terror Attacks

"In all likelihood if the MSM comes up with an explanation it's probably pure unadulterated…"
12 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on truth's video
Thumbnail

MSM Admits US Funding Al-Qaeda & Taliban Terror Attacks

"Mark Levin talks about all the front groups funded by Soros that have provided revenue for the…"
12 hours ago
Doc Vega favorited cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
12 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
"Sad, but this is the fate of those who don't take heed and refuse to do their due diligence…"
12 hours ago
Doc Vega posted blog posts
15 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1710523455761

"Hi Thia I'm back with news.... gvmnt will not protect you from Tick Tock, at this point it…"
16 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's blog post Dr. Aseem Malhotra's Explosive Court Testimony on COVID "Vaccines"(UPDATED)
"More news dripping out from this story. ( found on Slay news…"
17 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
18 hours ago
cheeki kea posted a blog post

The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )

You know what, I think if God had a message for us here it would be the one that goes... Be as Wise…See More
19 hours ago
Burbia commented on Burbia's group The Comment Section is Closed
"So far, there are 14 comments here for the video about Iran's influence on Generation Z and…"
yesterday
tjdavis posted videos
Wednesday
tjdavis posted photos
Wednesday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Tuesday
Larry Harmen posted blog posts
Tuesday
Larry Harmen posted videos
Tuesday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted