Facebook Is Reading Your Messages and Liking Things For You

You might think clicking "Like" is the only way to stamp that public FB affirmation on something—you're wrong. Facebook is checking your private messages and automatically liking things you talk about. Without asking you.

The scanning, which is either an oversight on Facebook's part of a deliberate effort—we're waiting to hear back from FB—increases the Like count for a given page just by you talking about it. Auto-scanning is nothing new: Gmail has done it since day one to serve us ads. But there are serious potential personal consequences here—what if I'm talking about something disgusting, loathsome, and offensive with a friend? Do I want Facebook to automatically chalk that up as a Like? No. And I doubt you do either.

http://gizmodo.com/5948948/facebook-is-reading-your-messages-and-li...

Views: 539

Replies to This Discussion

Like something on Facebook, go directly to jail

Vague online libel law means you could face up to 12 years in prison for a re-tweet in the Phillipines

Does Ning do that too?

Ning is 100pct hacked, I assume there is nothing hidden from a determined individual.

As for the likes, I guess we have always assumed you folks are doing it, not some bot :)

Welcome to 12160 (please don't) Like us on facebook

:D

Google 10 evil seconds by zuckerburg,my mate told me about it and I said how long is it on for and the whole place started laughing.

I was wondering why you liked:

Pedophile priests

Islamic Jihad

The Klu Klux Klan

The First Church of Satan

Snuff Films

and 2 girls one cup,

on your Facebook account.

INTERVIEWEE: I WTF what, where?

INTERVIEWER: It's all right here in black and white.

INTERVIEWEE: (Crying) I just want to learn how to use the shake machine and super size stuff.

INTERVIEWER: I hear the TSA is hiring,.....

Facebook is a huge spying apparatus, and I can't believe so many people didn't recognize it for what it was when it was first introduced. Not only that, it's detrimental to society in that it suppresses normal human interaction. It disconnects us from one another spiritually and physically.

It's also a huge waste of time. Go outside and smell the flowers.

The only way to avoid this is to use private servers, all of the corporate sites do it. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Raz Putin posted blog posts
12 minutes ago
Fat Freddys Cat commented on Fat Freddys Cat's video
Thumbnail

Watch the US Navy's laser weapon in action

"It seems unlikely to me these aren't being deployed on satellites"
22 minutes ago
Fat Freddys Cat posted videos
24 minutes ago
William Stack commented on Boris Badenov's page 0bama's real legacy - SpyGate - Collusion Scandal Bigger than Watergate
"The GOP controls every single facet of the federal government. If this is true, where is the investigation? "
31 minutes ago
Diana commented on Boris Badenov's page BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez *lied* about not being able to afford a D.C. apartment
"This is her pattern - lied about being a poor girl from the Bronx with no help (Soros), who wears $3500 outfits while bitching about capitalism.  Natural born politician."
36 minutes ago
Fat Freddys Cat commented on Burbia's video
Thumbnail

Angry Goy 2 Gameplay

"Can't find it on Amazon :("
39 minutes ago
William Stack commented on Boris Badenov's page Breaking Report: Broward County Deputy Says Civil Rights Attorneys Were Handing Out Absentee Ballots to Inmates AFTER ELECTION?
"Why is there still not law suit? Why is this site the only link to this info? Why does a Google search only show this site with this info? Hmmmm....."
41 minutes ago
Diana left a comment for DONNA WANTO
"Thank you for the invite!"
41 minutes ago
Fat Freddys Cat left a comment for Alice Rabbit
"Hi Alice :)"
42 minutes ago
Diana and DONNA WANTO are now friends
43 minutes ago
Raz Putin posted a discussion

"State Sen. Nikema Williams, 16 Others Arrested At Capitol During Protest"

State Sen. Nikema Williams (D-Atlanta) and 16 other participants protesting voter suppression at the state capitol were…See More
44 minutes ago
voxxpopulisuxx commented on raymond moody's photo
Thumbnail

jesuit-oath

"antiCatholic bigotted horsehite"
1 hour ago
Thomas Less posted a video

California Fire Updates, Evacuation Maps, Todays Latest Headlines

Cutting Edge, Suppressed Tesla Technology, Excellent Pain Therapy, without Drugs or Chemicals http://www.denaspainreliefstore.com/denas-pcm-6.html Let them k...
1 hour ago
Sam Sammy commented on Boris Badenov's page BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez *lied* about not being able to afford a D.C. apartment
"I am so shocked that she is a lying B-T-H!"
1 hour ago
Central Scrutinizer's blog post was featured

Southern California Edison Reported Circuit Malfunction Minutes Before Woolsey Fire Began

Southern California Edison Reported Circuit Malfunction Minutes Before Woolsey Fire Began…See More
2 hours ago
Central Scrutinizer favorited James T. Kirk's video
3 hours ago
Alice Rabbit was featured
3 hours ago
Central Scrutinizer left a comment for Alice Rabbit
"-----=Welcome Alice!!=----- SITE HELP & TIPS"
3 hours ago
Central Scrutinizer left a comment for John Menon
"-----=Welcome John!!=----- SITE HELP & TIPS"
3 hours ago
Central Scrutinizer left a comment for DONNA WANTO
"-----=Welcome Donna!!=----- SITE HELP & TIPS"
3 hours ago

Please remember this website is supported by your donations...

© 2018   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2015 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted