The American Psychiatric Association has classified new mental health disorders for the drug companies to profit from the sale of their harmful and sometimes fatal pharmaceuticals to the American public (see: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/15-new-mental-illnesses-in-... ).
Here is a partial list:
1. Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder
2. Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
3. Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
4. Hoarding Disorder
5. Caffeine Withdrawal
6. Cannabis Withdrawal
7. Excoriation (Skin-Picking) Disorder
8. Binge Eating Disorder
9. Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder
10. Restless Legs Syndrome
11. Major Neurocognitive Disorder with Lewy Body Disease and Mild Neurocognitive Disorder
12. Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder
13. Central Sleep Apnea and Sleep-Related Hypoventilation
Some psychiatrists are challenging the validity of DSM-5, the defacto mental health "bible" (see: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23487-psychiatry-divid... ).
Read more criticism here (see: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dsm5-in-distress/201212/... ).
This pharmacological directed initiative will result in higher costs for insurance companies as doctors dispense more pills with the gleeful support of the drug companies.
Let's not forget however that government will also use this by having the courts order mental health exams for freedom loving Americans who speak out against tyranny. More arrows in the quiver of political abuse of psychiatry.