The St. Louis County prosecuting attorney said Thursday that he has investigated accusations that grand jurors leaked information about their investigation of police officer Darren Wilson and has found no evidence to support these claims.
In a prepared statement, Robert P. McCulloch defended the integrity of this grand jury’s work and said that to suggest otherwise is “wrong, irresponsible and does a great disservice to the public.”
Specifically, McCulloch said his office investigated one accusation that surfaced on Twitter, involving a woman who allegedly said she knew a juror who told her there wasn’t enough evidence to “warrant an arrest” of Wilson.
McCulloch said the investigation showed the person’s Twitter account was hacked, adding that “the origin/author of the tweet is unknown. The owner of the account has no connection with any member of the grand jury.”
Bob McCulloch's probe of possible grand jury leak wasn't exactly in-depth
WASHINGTON -- St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch stated definitively on Thursday that a Twitter account claiming inside knowledge of the grand jury deliberating whether to charge the police officer who killed Michael Brown "had, indeed, been hacked." But a spokesman for McCulloch revealed that his conclusion was based solely on an interview with the St. Louis County woman associated with the account and a search of her computer.
Susan M. Nichols had operated a Twitter account under the name @thesusannichols. In early October, a tweet sent from the account indicated that the user knew "someone sitting on the grand jury of this case" and that there wasn't enough evidence to charge Ferguson, Missouri, Police Officer Darren Wilson in Brown's death. The message was quickly deleted, and Nichols began telling multiple media outlets that her account had been hacked and that she had not used it in months.
McCulloch said after the possible leak that he would be "shocked if a member of the grand jury said anything." On Thursday, he announced that his office had concluded that the account was hacked "and the origin/author of the tweet is unknown."
McCulloch spokesman Ed Magee told The Huffington Post that Nichols had voluntarily spoken with investigators and never went under oath. While Nichols also allowed investigators to look at her computer, they did not examine her cell phone or any other electronic devices she might own, Magee said.
"She said she has nothing to do with it, and that's what we went by
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/30/bob-mcculloch-grand-jury-leak_n_6078226.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
MySpace Tweet Facebook Facebook
"Destroying the New World Order"
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!
© 2025 Created by truth.
Powered by