Quote of the Day: "The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935) American humorist
Subject: Budget Porn
The federal government has been doing so well at so many things, such as protecting people from scam artists like Bernie Madoff, that President Obama thinks it can now take responsibility for all areas of human life. The President's new budget will . . .
• Expand federal control of your health care
• Expand federal control of your energy supply through "cap and trade"
• Help distressed home owners
• Monitor every morsel of food produced in America, as it moves from the ground to your kitchen
• Involve the federal government in "charity" through a national system of "public service" that may become mandatory for young people
• Expand federal involvement in education through a system of universal pre-kindergarten
Health care, energy, housing, food, charity, education -- that's EVERYTHING