GOP Food Stamp Cuts Would Kick 170,000 Vets Out of the Program

Republicans will salute America's veterans Monday, while simultaneously trying to deny them benefits. In addition to reducing housing aid, and denying health care to vets, the GOP is also trying to remove thousands of vets from the food stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP.

At least 900,000 veterans rely on SNAP. The House Republican version of the farm bill, the five-year piece of legislation that funds nutrition and agriculture provisions, would slash funding for the food stamps program by nearly $40 billion and boot 2.8 million people off the program next year. That includes 170,000 veterans, who would be removed through a provision in the bill that would eliminate food stamps eligibility for non-elderly jobless adults who can't find work or an opening in a job training program.

Veterans returning home from service have more trouble finding work than other folks, and rely more heavily on the food stamp program. The unemployment rate for recent veterans—those who have served in the past decade—is about 10 percent, almost 3 points above the national unemployment rate. War-related disabilities are one reason why. About a quarter of recent veterans reported service-related disabilities in 2011. Households that have a disabled veteran who is unable to work are twice as likely to lack access to sufficient food than households without a disabled service member, according to the nonprofit Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

Continue reading at:  http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/11/veterans-food-stamp-cuts-re...

Views: 1055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Source:

Mother Jones (mainstream liberal)
Erika Eichelberger (German/Jewish name)

Example of her style:

"The Federal Reserve should move expeditiously to issue the required regulations." Banking committee chair Sen. Tim Johnson (D-Ill.), Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) and Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), and Reps. David Scott (D-Ga.) and Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) all echoed Warner's comments.

She is a nada

Mainstreamer, thank you for that, but the reason for posting was the literal abuse of some of the bravest men in our country being abused. A lot of the things these people done was not right but they do not deserve to be treated like this. Nor does any of the rest of us.

Republicans will salute America's veterans Monday, while simultaneously trying to deny them benefit

Erika Eichelberger (liberal) blames GOP :( . So much money is channelled to Defence (including new billion dollar ships being scrapped) there is little money left. Obama is responsible. When some bank rejects a home mortgage is not "to put the family on street". It is rather a consequence of low income.

In order to get our economy thriving, you have to create jobs. Recovery starts from the Bottom up, not the other way around. If folks can work, they need less assistance. On another note, the fabricated "War on Terror" will be the ultimate demise for any and all safety nets (entitlements included). It's obvious where lawmakers and politicians loyalties lie... and it's not with us (the people). It's all about protecting the wealth of Wall Street, bankers and large corporations. This includes the military industrial complex, the biggest deadly business in existence. 

Thanks for posting this, Mystery. It just goes to prove that once the military has got what they want from you, they quickly sweep you under the carpet. This is apparent with the many homeless, hungry and sick vets among us. The military is a hungry beast. They eat their own.   

"It's all about protecting the wealth of Wall Street, bankers and large corporations."

Linsey Williams, who was a board member during some years in an advisory position, and later maintained personal friendships with several of them, tells us money is not top priority. It makes sense, when you have a 100 million another million doesn't change much. This is more true when you are old and sick.

Linsey Williams: Name of the Game is Control

The "Military industrial complex" is wording originating from Eisenhower. I don't think Eisenhower could see the truth in his time. Today we know much more.

We are being controlled. Our mind is controlled, our history is falsified. It is much worse than what Eisenhower told us. The story of Peter Santilli is a lesson for us all

I don't think we need people from the past telling us what to expect today. We're living the dream... eerrr... I mean nightmare. :0

N.M., as a sidenote, you can't denote "wealth." With great wealth comes power; great power produces "control." It goes hand and hand all the way up to the top of the pyramid where the all-seeing-eye is perched.

I agree basically

This was interesting: "Is a new revolution quietly brewing in France?"

1. In France they also have an Elite, a French elite 
  2. In France they also have ADL, a French ADL
  3. In France they also have Zionist controlled media discrediting those who reach out to the Muslims

I.e. not US Elite, not US ADL, not US media. What I know about Greece is that the same is true there.

??

Global control is the globalists main objective. I think there is only three countries left not controlled by the IMF. They are of course on the terrorist deck of cards. BRICs is being formed by those countries who want to lose the dollar and I noticed that Russia just announced the dollar will soon be eliminated for use in that country. Only online transactions (or few other types of digital transactions) will be permitted. 

Gee, I forgot to include the countries. I think it's Cuba, Iran and North Korea.

There are only three left now;

Could gaining control of the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran (CBI) be one of the main reasons that Iran is being targeted by Western and Israeli powers? As tensions are building up for an unthinkable war with Iran, it is worth exploring Iran’s banking system compared to its U.S., British and Israeli counterparts.

Some researchers are pointing out that Iran is one of only three countries left in the world whose central bank is not under Rothschild control. Before 9-11 there were reportedly seven: Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. By 2003, however, Afghanistan and Iraq were swallowed up by the Rothschild octopus, and by 2011 Sudan and Libya were also gone. In Libya, a Rothschild bank was established in Benghazi while the country was still at war.

Islam forbids the charging of interest, a major problem for the Rothschild banking system. Until a few hundred years ago, charging interest was also forbidden in the Christian world and was even punishable by death. It was considered exploitation and enslavement.

Since the Rothschilds took over the Bank of England around 1815, they have been expanding their banking control over all the countries of the world. Their method has been to get a country’s corrupt politicians to accept massive loans, which they can never repay, and thus go into debt to the Rothschild banking powers. If a leader refuses to accept the loan, he is oftentimes either ousted or assassinated. And if that fails, invasions can follow, and a Rothschild usury-based bank is established.

The Rothschilds exert powerful influence over the world’s major news agencies. By repetition, the masses are duped into believing horror stories about evil villains. The Rothschilds control the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank, the IMF, the World Bank and the Bank of International Settlements. Also they own most of the gold in the world as well as the London Gold Exchange, which sets the price of gold every day. It is said the family owns over half the wealth of the planet—estimated by Credit Suisse to be $231 trillion—and is controlled by Evelyn Rothschild, the current head of the family.

Objective researchers contend that Iran is not being demonized because they are a nuclear threat, just as the Taliban, Iraq’s Saddam Hussein and Libya’s Muammar Qadaffi were not a threat.

What then is the real reason? Is it the trillions to be made in oil profits, or the trillions in war profits? Is it to bankrupt the U.S. economy, or is it to start World War III? Is it to destroy Israel’s enemies, or to destroy the Iranian central bank so that no one is left to defy Rothschild’s money racket?

It might be any one of those reasons or, worse—it might be all of them.

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=2743

What is obvious is:

• If petrodollar evaporates, nothing is left to back up the fiat currency (dollar collaps)
  • Derivatives is a ponzi scheme (word-wide collaps)
  • US has no other option than to monetize debt (dollar collaps)

In that context the world has to be reset. A war will do that trick, and blame can be put on War / Muslims / Israel

The exact timing will be at choice of the masterrace, to maximize chances for a complete domination of the world.

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

Burbia commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1710523455761

"Is that the narrative now? Its more like Tik Tok influenced the younger generation to not be…"
8 hours ago
Burbia commented on Less Prone's photo
Thumbnail

Rebuilding Khazaria

"Who exactly are these beings? They violently push their way into the Middle East claiming it their…"
8 hours ago
Less Prone posted a photo

Famine or War What Would it Be

How far are these monsters allowed to go?
18 hours ago
Less Prone favorited cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
18 hours ago
Less Prone commented on cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
"It's so cruel and unfair. So many innocent people fell for it and even now the wictims are…"
18 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on truth's video
Thumbnail

MSM Admits US Funding Al-Qaeda & Taliban Terror Attacks

"In all likelihood if the MSM comes up with an explanation it's probably pure unadulterated…"
19 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on truth's video
Thumbnail

MSM Admits US Funding Al-Qaeda & Taliban Terror Attacks

"Mark Levin talks about all the front groups funded by Soros that have provided revenue for the…"
19 hours ago
Doc Vega favorited cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
19 hours ago
Doc Vega commented on cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
"Sad, but this is the fate of those who don't take heed and refuse to do their due diligence…"
19 hours ago
Doc Vega posted blog posts
21 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on Sandy's photo
Thumbnail

FB_IMG_1710523455761

"Hi Thia I'm back with news.... gvmnt will not protect you from Tick Tock, at this point it…"
23 hours ago
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's blog post Dr. Aseem Malhotra's Explosive Court Testimony on COVID "Vaccines"(UPDATED)
"More news dripping out from this story. ( found on Slay news…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's blog post The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )
yesterday
cheeki kea posted a blog post

The saddest post I've ever read. ( vaccine victim speaks out. )

You know what, I think if God had a message for us here it would be the one that goes... Be as Wise…See More
yesterday
Burbia commented on Burbia's group The Comment Section is Closed
"So far, there are 14 comments here for the video about Iran's influence on Generation Z and…"
yesterday
tjdavis posted videos
Wednesday
tjdavis posted photos
Wednesday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Tuesday
Larry Harmen posted blog posts
Tuesday
Larry Harmen posted videos
Tuesday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted