Record 157,878,000 Employed in August; Record Low Unemployment Rate for Blacks

(CNSNews.com) - The number of people employed in the United States hit a record 157,878,000 in August, the 21st record set under President Donald Trump, according to the employment report released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That's an increase of 590,000 from the record 157,228,000 employed in July.

The unemployment rate held steady at 3.7 percent. For blacks, the unemployment rate dropped to a record low of 5.5 percent last month. And for Hispanics, the unemployment rate was 4.2 percent in August, which ties the record low set earlier this year.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-157878000-e...

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Clearly the post states this is based on the BLS report.  Unemployment is defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as people who do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the past four weeks, and are currently available for work. Also, people who were temporarily laid off and were waiting to be called back to that job are included in the unemployment statistics. Employment is anyone 16 or older who worked 15 hours during the past week. Anyone under 16 is not included in the labor force, even if they are working.  The BLS also includes people who didn't work during the week if they were temporarily absent due to vacation, illness, or other reason. 

Anything outside of these parameters is off topic and does not apply to this post.  

The BLS bases it's report on it's definitions, nothing else.

After 1972 Lima Declaration which removed all industry from the developed countries, unemployment will always be out of control. There will never be be enough jobs. Thanks UN...

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

Latest Activity

Freedomrox commented on Phyllis Maka's blog post WARNING: All Vaccines Tested Contaminated With Cancer-Causing (Video) MORE ANALYSING ON TOXIC VACCINES
"7.1MeSH Pharmacological Classification Enzyme Inhibitors Compounds or agents that combine with…"
28 minutes ago
Phyllis Maka posted blog posts
50 minutes ago
Old Denmark posted a discussion

Singapore Becomes Epicenter for Lab Grown Meats

Lab-grown chicken to be sold in Singapore after 'world's first' approval for cultured…See More
52 minutes ago
Freedomrox posted a blog post

Needing help scouring H.R.8200 - EHDC Act of 2020 (Introduced 09/11/2020). This is GENOCIDE and imprisonment on paper to me.

Here is a sample of this bloated Bill to replace and augment HR 6666. to wit:SEC. 222. NATIONAL…See More
2 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
3 hours ago
Less Prone favorited MAC's video
4 hours ago
Less Prone favorited cheeki kea's photo
5 hours ago
Less Prone replied to MAC's discussion AG Barr Destroys His Name for All Eternity – His Actions Today Confirm He Is Just Another Card-Carrying Swamp Rat
"Would a rat rat another rat?"
5 hours ago
Less Prone favorited MAC's discussion AG Barr Destroys His Name for All Eternity – His Actions Today Confirm He Is Just Another Card-Carrying Swamp Rat
6 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters replied to Chris of the family Masters's discussion CIA Director Gina Haspel Arrested For Treason
"Here's interesting Wiki rag in opening... Gina Haspel -…"
7 hours ago
Daily Con replied to Chris of the family Masters's discussion CIA Director Gina Haspel Arrested For Treason
"Hi Chris, Okay I will check him out some more he has a Bitchute channel and so I’ll spend…"
8 hours ago
Daily Con replied to MAC's discussion AG Barr Destroys His Name for All Eternity – His Actions Today Confirm He Is Just Another Card-Carrying Swamp Rat
"Hello Fire Department, I like to report a fire in Bill Barr’s ass, send the biggest pumper…"
8 hours ago
Daily Con favorited MAC's discussion AG Barr Destroys His Name for All Eternity – His Actions Today Confirm He Is Just Another Card-Carrying Swamp Rat
8 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters replied to Chris of the family Masters's discussion CIA Director Gina Haspel Arrested For Treason
"I've been watching many of his videos and my gut feeling tells me he is legit."
8 hours ago
Daily Con replied to Chris of the family Masters's discussion CIA Director Gina Haspel Arrested For Treason
"Interesting Chris not sure about Simon Parkes. What do you know about this guy? At 10:01 aprox he…"
8 hours ago
MAC posted videos
9 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters posted a discussion
9 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters favorited Phyllis Maka's blog post CLASSIC: Trump knows coronavirus is fake. - Jim Stone
10 hours ago
Chris of the family Masters posted a blog post
10 hours ago
Central Scrutinizer favorited Phyllis Maka's blog post CLASSIC: Trump knows coronavirus is fake. - Jim Stone
10 hours ago

© 2020   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted