Resisting the New World OrderJoin this network
Novosti) Over 200 children, most of them younger than three years, were hospitalised with acute intestinal infection after eating fruits imported from China, Rossiya TV channel reported Sunday.
According to doctors, the children were poisoned after eating imported fruits - bananas, apples and citruses - largely supplied from China.
Health authorities are taking measures to contain the spread of the virus which has affected the entire Magadan Region in the country's far east, with children hit hardest, the TV channel said.
The infection is likely to subside in spring when navigation will allow domestic food supplies into the subarctic region, the report said.
MAGADAN, Russia, Jan. 31 (UPI)
-- More than 200 children have been hospitalized in Russia's Magadan Region after eating fruit largely imported from China, health officials said.
Most of the children were under the age of 3 and fell ill after eating imported apples, bananas and citrus, much it shipped from China, RIA Novosti reported Sunday.
The illness affected whole families, though children were especially hard hit by the allegedly contaminated products, Rossiya TV reported.
Residents of the far east region will be less dependent on imported fresh food when the weather warms and domestic food supplies return, officials said.