This oil is a great addition to pizza bases and pasta sauces. It also makes a tasty salad dressing base.
- 600ml / 1 pint olive oil
- 5 sprigs oregano, fresh - flowers can be included if wished
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 green peppercorns, whole
- 2 bay leaves
- Add the herbs to the oil. You can either transfer the oil to a decorative bottle, or leave it in the original bottle that it was purchased in.
- Leave the herbs to steep in the oil for 7 days.
- Store. If you wish to strain the herbs and simply have clear oil, remove the herbs before storing. Otherwise, leave the herbs in the oil.
- Use. This olive oil is excellent used on pizzas, in salad dressings and in other savoury recipes that would normally take plain olive oil.
Things You'll Need
- Use within 6 months of making and store in a dark, dry and cool place.
- Decorative bottle, sterilised and dried, optional
Here is a list of Essential Oils and the health benefits of them for anyone who would like to have more information:http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/lis...
Oregano Essential Oil
Properties: Anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti parasitic, anti oxidant, anti inflammatory, digestive, emenagogue, anti allergenic
Health Benefits: Inhibits viral, Bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections, heals damages done by oxidation, soothes inflammations, promotes digestion, opens up obstructed menstruations, helps cure allergy.