Nevermind: Facebook Is Keeping Track of What You Buy at the Drugstore

It took Facebook about six months to start using all that offline consumer data it's made deals for more than just "research" and put all thats rewards cards information to good lucrative use. With its new "ad effectiveness" program Facebook will serve specific ads that reflect your specific offline shopping habits, a set-up that ranges from creepy to uncomfortable. Since announcing its partnership with Datalogix, a company that uses rewards cards data from drugstores to track what people buy in offline retail stores, Facebook has partnered up with two similar firms Epsilon and Acxiom and has now started using all this information to serve more accurate ads, according to The New York Times's Somini Sengupta. more  theatlanticwire.com

Featured Discussions

Facebook reveals secrets you haven’t shared

©AP The increasing amount of personal information that can been gleaned by computer programs that track how people use Facebook has been re…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽdLatest Reply

Fuk Facebook

Transfer to Google Plus...They will be delighted to have you....'for now' https://plus.google.com/u/0/up/connect

Started by Nick ThomasLatest Reply

STUDY: FACEBOOK triggers feelings of envy, misery, loneliness

© Thomas Hodel / Reuters  /  REUTERS In this photo illustration, a Facebook logo on a computer screen is seen through a magnifying glass h…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽdLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nevermind: Facebook Is Keeping Track of What You Buy at the Drugstore

Nevermind: Facebook Is Keeping Track of What You Buy at the Drugstore It took Facebook about six months to start using all that offline con…

Started by you

1 4 hours ago
Reply by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽd

Facebook reveals secrets you haven’t shared

©AP The increasing amount of personal information that can been gleaned by computer programs that track how people use Facebook has been re…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽd

0 Mar 11

Thief steals woman’s cell phone – posts pic of himself smoking weed...

Bronx thief steals woman's cell phone - then posts pic of himself smoking weed on HER Facebook page: police   DCPI Police say this man sto…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽd

2 Mar 9
Reply by Tara

Your on FeceBook FOREVER, whether you want to be or not

Just a heads-up 12160 members about this DARPA site, you can't escape it. I joined this site in 2010, not yet knowing the hidden evils and…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽd

0 Mar 8

Why I'm quitting Facebook

Douglas Rushkoff says a loss of control over how his "likes" are used has led him to drop Facebook.   Editor's note: Editor's note: Dou…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽd

0 Mar 2

Facebook May Force You to Watch Ads on Your News Feed

Video Ads On Facebook News Feed – Business Insider Facebook is considering placing video ads that play automatically in your News Feed, a…

Started by James Φοίνιξ

3 Feb 27
Reply by Tara

Zuckerberg, Brin join forces to extend life

Zuckerberg, Brin join forces to extend life Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg delivers a keynote during the Facebook f8 Developer Conference at…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽd

1 Feb 21
Reply by Lawrence Edward Calcutt

Facebook, The Coolest Cutest Corporate Welfare Queen Of Them All

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 3:48PM Last year, the government extracted $1.1 trillion in taxes from us more or less hardworking individu…

Started by James Φοίνιξ

0 Feb 17

More people bailing out of Facebook; is a FB collapse imminent?

More people bailing out of Facebook; is a FB collapse imminent?   Facebook caught on fast and furious to become the premier social netwo…

Started by James Φοίνιξ

6 Feb 17
Reply by Less Prone

FACEBOOK GETS MULTIBILLION-DOLLAR TAX BREAK

FACEBOOK GETS MULTIBILLION-DOLLAR TAX BREAK Photograph by C Flanigan/WireImage Facebook Founder and Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg…

Started by H●ȴȴɣwͼͽ

Views: 365

Replies to This Discussion

now what they gonna do with all my Trojans & Budweiser receipts????....dang

I bailed out of Facebook almost two years ago ... what's taking you guys so long? I got back a bit of my privacy and the only "cost" to me was to not be able to post comments to some websites that use Facebook for sign ups. That bugs me a tiny bit ... but only a little. I'm not about to sign up to Facebook in order to post a comment. They need my comments more than I need them.

ya, I thought i was "off, out, deleted" on Feceb00k too.....go ahead and try and log in w/ your old name & pword, bet your magically in like Flynn ;) Happened to me, been off that thing for about 18-20 months, did all the crap one is supposed to do when opting out. Happened to get a login page here recently for a comment, and old cookies filled it all in, I clicked log-in, thinking it would be usesless....instead I got a page with big ass fonts saying

"Welcome Back, We've missed you"

......that alone creeped me the F out....haven't been back since....

RSS

"Destroying the New World Order"

TOP CONTENT THIS WEEK

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SITE!

mobile page

12160.info/m

12160 Administrators

Latest Activity

Doc Vega posted blog posts
2 hours ago
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
yesterday
rlionhearted_3 commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

".Supposedly, Russians have evidence that links Burisma and the recent terror attacks. Burisma for…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

True Story

"Well I bet Iran remembers that true story. ~ and there in lies the problem...because they would…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on rlionhearted_3's photo
Thumbnail

Hooray for Russian TV

" That one is a shocker! even for them. What could have driven and compelled them to dredge up…"
yesterday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

It Wasn't Fauci: How the Deep State Really Played Trump (mini-doc)

"Excellent video. I hope this one makes it to the features page it sure deserves it. Answers a lot a…"
yesterday
cheeki kea favorited tjdavis's video
yesterday
tjdavis posted videos
yesterday
Doc Vega posted blog posts
Tuesday
tjdavis posted a photo
Tuesday
rlionhearted_3 posted photos
Tuesday
MAC posted a video
Tuesday
rlionhearted_3 commented on cheeki kea's photo
Thumbnail

who would win a debate?

"It gets waaayy worse. TPTB want to normalize this gross fat bullshit."
Monday
Doc Vega posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea posted photos
Monday
cheeki kea commented on cheeki kea's photo
Monday
cheeki kea commented on tjdavis's video
Thumbnail

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

"why of cause Any Mental Health issue would be enough to cause concern and it's known that in…"
Monday
tjdavis posted a video

How They Will Use Your Doctor to Disarm You

Can you imagine your doctor actively trying to disarm you? Well that may not be too far fetched when you consider what is happening inside the medical commu...
Monday
tjdavis favorited Doc Vega's blog post The Modern Day Twilight Zone!
Monday
Doc Vega posted a blog post

The Modern Day Twilight Zone!

Here at the Twilight Zone I can make no apologies for the insanity you are about to see!It must be…See More
Sunday

© 2024   Created by truth.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

content and site copyright 12160.info 2007-2019 - all rights reserved. unless otherwise noted